cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mercedes Sprinter chassis DEF

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Curious if anyone has had the misfortune to have the DEF tank/heater fail. 2013 chassis under a 2014 class C is 6 years old with just over 33,000 miles indicating a failed def heater. Diagnosis is indicating a unit replacement at about $2,500. Our first and only problem but seems a bit high?
4 REPLIES 4

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
PaisleyDale wrote:
Did you take it to a Dealer? I had the same thing happen on ours only I had just under 80,000 miles on it. Some states cover the exhaust system longer than others, and since I could not get it fixed soon I called MB. I just wanted to know if indeed it was not covered as the Dealer said.

Two days later I received a phone call from a manager at MB and he gave me a one time 40% discount on replacing the DEF Heater. Best phone call I ever made and it might work for you also.

Awesome information and thank you!

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
DEF systems are problematic on many makes, not just MB. My recollection is the BMW extended the warranty on my 2012 X5 DEF system to 120,000 miles due to high failure rate.

PaisleyDale
Explorer
Explorer
Did you take it to a Dealer? I had the same thing happen on ours only I had just under 80,000 miles on it. Some states cover the exhaust system longer than others, and since I could not get it fixed soon I called MB. I just wanted to know if indeed it was not covered as the Dealer said.

Two days later I received a phone call from a manager at MB and he gave me a one time 40% discount on replacing the DEF Heater. Best phone call I ever made and it might work for you also.
2014 Winnebago View Profile 24v
2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport 2.0 4motion
1998 Honda CR-V toad

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Check Rock Auto. $650.00
Link: DEF heater