cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Excellent Adventure

Flasho
Explorer
Explorer
Ten years ago we acquired our current motor home. My wife and I would travel in it as often as possible. We were both still working 10 years ago so the trips were not as frequent as we would have liked. A few years ago we both retired and started to make more and longer trips. Now, finally we have visited all of the lower 48 states. What an excellent adventure I have had with my wife! I guess I better start planning that trip to Alaska!
Reinhard & Margaret,
aka, "Flash" & Maggie

2003 Winnebago Brave 36M
2012 Scion xB
8 REPLIES 8

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
That is an excellent adventure story.

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
To Carp65, we began our RVing with a trip to Alaska by renting one. This was our first RV experience. We got to places that the touring public doesn't get to. It was great and less expensive than the tours. When we got home to Ohio, we began looking at RV's. Found our first one, a Rexhall Aerbus. It had problems, but we loved the RVing life. Now we have a Newmar Kountry Star with less problems, and we love RVing even more. We don't have all 49 states yet (is there a bridge to Hawaii?), but we'll get there.
2005 Kountry Star with a 4 cyl. Saturn Vue with stick shift.
Mike and Rose and Pepper, our All-American black lap dog.

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
After 8 years we have just completed the lower 48, with Arkansas
and Oklahoma. Unfortunately, Alaska is out of the question due to
many health issues I have had over the past 2 1/2 years. I guess we
should have put this one as #1 on the bucket list. Oh well, I guess
we'll just have to fly there and spend some time. It's been a great
life!

V10guy
Explorer
Explorer
congrats!
Wife and I, 3 Kids(10, 9 & 6) 2003 Forest River Windsong 32' 8.1L Workhorse w/Allison. TOAD coming soon...

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you are having a great time and seeing it all. Congratulations and keep on going. We are retired and hope to be able to say the same. We are working on it. We hope to see you down the road
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Yaj wrote:
🙂

X2

Lucky Man
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
We aren't there yet but we have visited 31 out of the lower 48 and all FIVE Great Lakes. We just did Michigan and Superior and I feel great about that. Our country is so beautiful with something for everyone on a trip. I like spending our money in our country but so many who travel to the Carribean and other countries, have never seen our beautiful vast land.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
🙂