cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Slope my leveling system ? Newby question

jbstack28
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, newby question. Where my coach is stored it is not near level maybe 2025 down slope from Port to starboard. And that is a guess. So I want to put out my slide to pack, and maybe hang with a beer afterward. So I stack up blocks under starboard side, able to get her level then the overslope light comes on. Also I note the starboard tires are off the ground. (Bad thing ?) Oh I have a 2010 Phaeton 40TD.

So now my day is done, I do not want to leave in this position. So I push store button. Terrible noise below, but visually everything looks ok. Confirmed landing gear still worked.

Can this be done safely or move the rig somewhere everytime I want to put the slides out?

Thanks so much,
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
EXCESS SLOPE. NOT Overslope. Excess slope just means ONE of your Jacks has reached its FULL extension and cannot extend more to level your RV. So, the Excess Slope light comes ON and shuts the system down. The System has NO WAY to know what the extent of your slope really is. It uses the factor of one jack reaching full extension to signal you are on an excess slope. You can do as you have done and install boards under the side that is lower than the other to get more lift from the side that needs to come up higher. BUT, lifting the tires OFF the ground is a bad practice. Since you have a Tiffin, it would be better to extend the Slides BEFORE extending the jacks. Then RETRACT the jacks before retracting the slides. When you use blocks to get more lift from the Jacks, that puts a bind on the frame/chassis. If the Motorhome is just leaning to one side due to the angle of the ground, then there is no problem operating the slides before extending the jacks. Now, if the ground is very uneven and the corners are twisted, then jacking would be better for the slides. Doug

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
What DutchmenSport said is the only answer.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
MH rear wheels off the ground makes me nervous.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to be level to put slides out. Read your instruction manual..

Some mfrs say to put slide out then level but MOST say level first, motor running.

And when your rear wheels are off the ground it can slide.

RVs twist and flex. I’m surprised slides work as well as they do.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.