cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salute to Sully (Sully2) - miss his posts...

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
I was doing some research today to help someone comparing older Country Coaches to Newmar's of the same era.

As I did so, on many forum searches, and Google too... I found multiple times that that Sully (Sully2) came up in responses...

What a character! Sure, he could get grumpy from time to time... But dang it, great wit, solid knowledge, and for a semi reformed Engineer (We both came from Aerospace backgrounds:)!), at times he acted almost as a mere mortal... tolerating us that were 'non engineer's:)!'. (Last comment, was written and intended in the utmost respect!!).

Sure, many years his picture included a Mexcan Sombrero - possibly taken at a non 'Engineer's', post beverage consumption moment:)! But dang it, you always KNEW what Sully felt about any give subject...

Sure hope the current owner's of his Country Coach (Or, if still with the family!) - are having a blast with it... Sully would for sure approve (And be the first to send a lightening bolt, if not approving...).

SALUTE TO SULLY (Sully2)... RIP:)! And thanks for your sharing of yourself on RV.NET...

Best all,
Smitty
(98 Bounder. Now, 04 CC Allure!)
10 REPLIES 10

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
So glad his forum imprint is still remembered.... As a rookie on forums, and RV'ing - I was at times just a tad intimidated by some of the forum veterans (Sully:)!). But the moment his picture started to include a Sombrero - and I learned he was a mere Aerospace Engineer - I understood that a mortal was behind the keypad.

I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but we did have a few private emails and phone calls. He helped me quite a bit, on moving from our Bounder to our Country Coach:)!

And Ivylog - While I'll not forget Jonny T., I admit that the odds are, I'll forget where I put my keys before the weekend is over:)! (Always appreciate, your posts.)

Best to you all,
Smitty

Bruce_Brown
I miss JohnnyT too. 😞

He was another one I'd call when I was driving. We had the pleasure of camping with Johnny & Becky a few times a year. When my Dad was sick I'd talk to Johnny often. I miss him too.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ops...Thanks :S
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyT. Is with Sully. One year yesterday

You may have just forgot

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Early on I told him he was well named...this is coming from someone who goes by “grumps” with the grandkids. Takes one to know one but his advice was always spot on.

Got me thinking about Johnny T. Anyone in contact with him? Hope I have not missed something on him.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I certainly remember him well and his Wit. I know he could be harsh at times but seems to me he mellowed in later years. I also miss his posts and banter...
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Bruce_Brown
We did the Yellowstone run with Sully and Nancy.

He came off as an old Grump, was a teddy bear at heart.

I'm on the road a lot for work, often I'd call just to visit while passing time. I miss him.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
He called em like he saw em.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Big thumbs up for this post! ... Sully never failed to "Add" knowledge. I actually liked his grumpiness because the threads seldom if ever went off the rails.

RIP ....
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
X2 loved his posts and humor. He is the reason i went with a CC.
RIP Gary
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU