Thanks
2009 Winnebago Destination 39N
Freightliner Chassis
2004 Honda CRV TOAD
4 REPLIES 4

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
I pull a 2012 Buick Enclave. I have to remove two fuses and I also crank the auto at noon each day and run the tranny through the gears. Once you get used to it, removing the fuses is not a problem. I also had a non-chipped key made which will turn the key to accessory (required) but will not crank the engine.

Marty_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your comments. Pulling 3 fuses does seem a bit excessive, but I will check again before we make any final decision. We are also looking at the Explorer. How is your 2012 working out as a tow car??
2009 Winnebago Destination 39N
Freightliner Chassis
2004 Honda CRV TOAD

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at both of these and bought the new Ford Explorer instead. It's big and lighter.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Many people do tow these cars, but there is a specific fuse pulling order and a way to put them back so that you don't lose the radio settings. There was also a change of what fuses have to be pulled over what was printed in the Owner's Manual..These cars are rather heavy and you would feel it in a gasser, but I see you have a diesel. Otherwise, ou set all up...you should be good to go...If my wife's old Outlook was not such a beast (every time you drove through rain the power steering and other electricals would go out and GM acknowleged they had the problem but could not fix it), I would have kept it and used that as a toad instead of the VUE, which has turned out to be one of the best cars I have ever owned.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)