Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well, I am now a Class C owner!

92GreenYJ
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all.

After two years of enjoying my home built redneck toy hauler, we had to step up to something bigger. My old set up was great when it was just my wife, daughter and I.

But with baby number 2 on the way I quickly realized that the 8 foot truck camper with 1 bed and a convertible dinette was no longer going to be big enough for us. So I took the plunge. We went to look at a used unit the dealer had listed on their website only to find it had sold that very morning. So we looked at the only other used unit they had on the lot in the size we were interested in. The price was good, but it was a 2003 and was very dated and needed a fair bit of work. On a lark we decided to take a look at a new one since we were there. The minute we walked into it the wife turned to me and said โ€œwe need to up our budget.โ€

So a few hours later we drove away from the dealership the proud owners of a 2018 Sunseeker 3250DSLE.

Now I just need a new trailer to pull my Jeep on and to sell my current set up to clear the space in my driveway for the new Coach. We bring it home on Monday!

Any thoughts on must have accessories for our new vacation home?
10 REPLIES 10

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new camper...looks like it will serve you all well as your children grow! Have fun!

92GreenYJ
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Congrats! REAL nice MH. :C

Now I just need a new trailer to pull my Jeep on and to sell my current set up to clear the space in my driveway for the new Coach. We bring it home on Monday!

Whoa, Before you run out and buy a new trailer......
Is that jeep capable of being towed four down? Is so you will really enjoy your Class C pulling it as a toad instead of having to tow a trailer!
The tow bar for towing the jeep 4 down and the set up should be way less than the cost of a new trailer. Almost all of the jeeps can be towed four down.

You and your family and baby to be will REALLY enjoy RV'ing in your new MH.....and your DW will be REAL REAL happy! :B

Part of the reason we bought this particular rig is because of its 7,500 lb towing capacity. Frankly I will never flat tow my Jeep again. Itโ€™s locked front and rear which means I have to crawl under it and disconnect the driveshafts to flat tow it. Then crawl under it again when I get where I am going to reconnect them. Did that for years before I upgraded my truck and bought a trailer. Itโ€™s so much faster and easier to just drive it up, strap it down, and go. I can do it by myself. Wife doesnโ€™t have to help me hook it up, oh and with the trailer I get an extra set of brakes which is a huge improvement over flat towing.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new MH, looks nice. You should have a little more room than your truck camper :B I went from a no slide out 24' Class C to my current 32 1/2' MH and its it's amazing how much more room I have.

I second the suggestion you get a Progressive Industries (or similar) EMS.I added one to my current MH about 5 years ago. I never had one on previous RVs, but its one of those things you don't realize you should have, if you don't have one. Mine has cut power to my MH a number of times over the years,normally low park voltage is the issue. Normally the power is restored within a minute or so, but you would probably never realize there is a problem without an EMS.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I see you have the bunk model. It's a good choice. When we get in our's, we put all the bags etc on the top bunk since there's only three of us. Since I snore, the wife exiled me to the overhead cab bunk. She just loves that. Two things I would get right away is a Progressive Dynamics surge protector. It's important to protect all that sensitive electrical equipment. Also, instead of the cheap brass water pressure gauge, I got an adjustable Rinaldo gauge(Amazon) and it's real nice. One mistake I made right off the bat was booking a site on a corner. Couldn't fit in, so now I'm more careful. Good luck your really going to have fun.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I've run into the 'oh, it just sold this morning!' thing a few times too. I'm not sure if it's real, or a planned thing dealers do, but I'm a suspicious type so...

Congrats on the new rig! Wish I could convince myself to 'flex' our budget like that lol.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new Sunseeker!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new home on wheels!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! REAL nice MH. :C

Whoa, Before you run out and buy a new trailer......
Is that jeep capable of being towed four down? Is so you will really enjoy your Class C pulling it as a toad instead of having to tow a trailer!
The tow bar for towing the jeep 4 down and the set up should be way less than the cost of a new trailer. Almost all of the jeeps can be towed four down.

You and your family and baby to be will REALLY enjoy RV'ing in your new MH.....and your DW will be REAL REAL happy! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice - enjoy.

Couple tips - Class C's are great rigs but cabover are prone to leaks - you can mitigate issues by storing with the nose slightly elevated so water flows off the rear. Also - if you plan to tow pay close attention to weight capacity - some of the bigger/heavier rigs don't have much capacity.
Kevin

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, congrats.
Enjoy your travels.