cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window reflections

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the angle of the sun, reflections on the windshield and side windows make seeing out difficutlt at times. Windshield bad but not terrible however, the side windows can at times be terrible. Is there any solution to this problem? Night time with head lights etc is the worst. We have a 27 ft Winnebago Vista Class A.
6 REPLIES 6

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
two travelers wrote:
Depending on the angle of the sun, reflections on the windshield and side windows make seeing out difficutlt at times. Windshield bad but not terrible however, the side windows can at times be terrible. Is there any solution to this problem? Night time with head lights etc is the worst. We have a 27 ft Winnebago Vista Class A.

I avoid night time driving cause of this issue, I wear daytime tinted driving glasses for the glare and reflections during the day.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Use roller shades for side windows and attach a string long enough to easily reach while seated. For windshield use power shades with switch located to easily reach while seated.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have had issues with the drivers side window and I have thought about using a visor type thing I have seen them use for children in the back seat of a car that suction cups to the window.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
As for the windshield, We made a dark grey dash cover out of trunk liner material. The light colored dash reflected horribly. Haven't noticed side window reflections but we did have window tint installed right when we got our RV. Also repurposed the curtain for front bunk privacy and put MCD roller shades on the sides (and power shade on windshield). Being able to pull side roller down helps immensely when the sun is coming in the side. No more one handed driving holding a brochure to keep the sun out of our eyes.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stop for the night around 3PM..set up, relax, have a toddy, enjoy the campground...Dennis

There's no easy solution. I cannot wear polarized sunglasses....D
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Polarized sunglasses for daytime and/or polarized driving glasses like this for nighttime.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40