Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish network two receivers - rubiks cube

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
If this is too long, click me and go to another post...LOL
Dish network for 12 years, 301 receiver in the S&B, took it with us in the MH and used it after set up no problems for last 3 years.
Last Dec they replaced it with 311k, did not try it in the RV.
Fast forward...yesterday I picked up a 322 dual receiver thinking I could put it in the S&B and use another tv for another room.
After 3 tries on the Dish Network chat feature and two calls the 322 in the house would only pickup 106,126 & 286. showed strong signal on 119 and 110 but status ck showed 110 red. I put the 311k (single receiver) in the RV no channels (015 channel signal lost) put the 311k back in the S&B - every channel great.
Put the 322 in the RV, getting both satelites 110-119 but only 341,342,343, hallmark and a few others. No locals.

Crazy, ....311k works fine in S&B, not rv. 322 dual only works on 2-3 channels in S&B and in the rv now gets different channels, 8-12 different ones, again not all.
DW said just leave the 322 in the RV and leave the 311k in the house and we get all of our programming no problem at least in the house and we will get some in the RV, I hope.

SO...as of now, I have the 311k back in the house working fine and the 322 in the RV getting some channels. I have a Kingdumb 9702, that worked ok with the other receiver (301) prior, just set it up, a little tedious but always worked.

If any body has any thoughts or input, you're welcome to chime in.
It's a crazy situation as I would love to have the 311k (single) in the RV and 332 (dual) in S&B but it's not working out.
Maybe the 322 I got from an individual had issues with input/reception, their past acct was clear so I added the receiver to mine.
It's just weird there is no distinct pattern...
If I get advice to have a tech come out, I will wait and see Sarge in Sacramento. The last Dish tech did not know how to menu 6-1-5 to move the modulator to channel 3-4. However, I know they just want to do what's quickest and get out...I have no problem with that.
2003 Safari Sahara 350HP Cummins ISC Allison 6 speed
Model 3753 - Triple Slide
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 toad
14 REPLIES 14

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Ending...I finally got my system working in the RV. With the dome satellite's single LNB as you know you can only get one sat at a time. With some patience, (not pressing buttons too fast from impatience) I was able to lock on to 110. (Thanks Chad from AZ for the Dish Pointer app advice) I knew my dish was pointing at 110 but because it is mechanized you have to rely on it to be correct. You cannot move it or set it manually. That being said using the Dish Pointer I was convinced I was at or near 110. Being patient it locked on and then the check switch went to 1-38 both tv1 and tv2, (not 1-1 like before, apparently starting to get a signal).
Again, I patiently waited for the system to finish and when it did, it stated, "you have fewer satellites, do you want to save or cancel". I saved. This made 110 the only sat coming through the receiver. I believe what happened next is that the system (my 311k receiver in the RV) was stretched and having problems trying to capture two different satellites, very warm/hot to the touch.
Once I saved just 110 sat only, then everything loaded just like the house and I received the program guide and all of the channels (transponders) on 110 that are my subscription, even the local OTA that we get with our subscription nice and clear.
After dinner, I turned everything on again, the TV and the Dish receiver and all of the programs were there, no down loading, came right up.
I was beginning to think maybe my dome LNB or circuit board were beginning to fail. I did notice the receiver was very warm, but it seem more normal after dinner, possibly because it was straining to read or get signal. Tonight I disconnected the 120 volt plug on the receiver, don't want a fire and will recheck programming in the morning. Also tomorrow I may do another check switch to see if tv2 is no longer showing.
Thanks again...everybody and I hope some other RV'er gains from my experience....(now back to programming a UHF remote....LOL)

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled on a site that talks about the different keys in the bottom of the remote. And on eBay a guy is selling an assortment of these for $4. This may be my problem, wrong key in my UHF remote and it won't open the address on the system info screen.

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Now I am trying to program the UHF remote in the RV and getting code 590. The Dish Network receiver 311k is out in the RV now and I thought I would spend some time seeing if I could program the UHF remote. I have installed the remote UHF antenna and there is no UHF/IR switch on the back of the receiver so this is a work in progress..getting late..may hit the sack...

basically "the remote address you are trying to use is already being used. Choose another address."
But when I am at system info it will highlight the tab but will not let me change the numerical channel number. I just got off CHAT with dish and the CSR said only push Sat and then record. That did not work either. The tab I have showing under system info still shows IR and remote address 1 and channel out 3. But again it won't let me change the code. MY 21.1 remote control I have the switch in the battery compartment moved to UHF.
Found it:

ERROR You are attempting to set both remotes to the same address. You are not allowed to do this. Please select another remote address for one of the two remote addresses

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Okay ...success....received the new Dish Pro Plus LNB and switched it out on the outside home dish 500. The old dish pro had two inputs both white in color, the new DPP had 2 blues and an additional output which I don't use. Went inside the house and powered up the 311k that was already hooked up and received all programming, no problems.
Switched receiver inputs and outputs to the 322 I just bought and installed the Dish Network separator to the one coax feed coming in the house. Powered up, acquired signal and then loaded program guide...and the 322 is working properly, all subscribed channels are coming in. So the culprit in getting the 322 to work originally was the old Dish Pro LNB.
So the 322 stays in the house now and later I can coax to the spare bedroom and have alternative programming for the kids and wife and I can watch what we want on the living room big screen.
The 311k will go out in our RV and that I am working on now. I will pull the RV out of the barn this Friday and try to have success with the 311k in the RV.
THank you everyone!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
road glide wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Does your dome support a dual tuner receiver, is it mentioned specifically in the manual?

I don't have your hardware, but I think the dish and the receiver have to be mated and / or matched - it's not like terrestrial antenna where you can just plug things in.

My experience with Dish, I started with a single tuner and upgraded to a 922k dual tuner, and Dish had to come out and install a larger dish and LNB with 3 horns. When I went from the dual tuner 922 to the triple tuner Hopper, they kept the same dish but installed an even larger LNB, this one had 4 horns on it.

In summary, your dome might need a new LNB, or might just not be compatible with your newest tuner.

Gordon..reviewed kingdome manual. It says 9702 will work with Dish but was originally set for Directv. When it locates a satellite and locks on it will automatically adjust elevation or you may manually adjust elevation prior to looking for a satellite.
Like I said for 3 years with the old 301 Dish receiver no problems with the Kingdome 9702. I eventually WILL figure out their replacement 311k they sent me for the RV.
Secondly, the Kingdome has ONE lnb but two outlets for a main and a bedroom receiver. Aux outlet not used on my setup.
I believe my coax just comes in the front for the main tv via an old Winegard video switch box. Well satellite into receiver and then to switchbox.
PS Last year I installed a Vizio flat screen in a basement compartment and split off the bedroom coax at the switch box. We watched a lot of football games outside last fall..:)
(My work was posted on this forum under "What have you done to your Class A lately?"

That's great news ... few things are better than a simple "flick of the switch" type fix. Hopefully reprogramming the Kingdome to support Dish doesn't involve too many hoops.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Does your dome support a dual tuner receiver, is it mentioned specifically in the manual?

I don't have your hardware, but I think the dish and the receiver have to be mated and / or matched - it's not like terrestrial antenna where you can just plug things in.

My experience with Dish, I started with a single tuner and upgraded to a 922k dual tuner, and Dish had to come out and install a larger dish and LNB with 3 horns. When I went from the dual tuner 922 to the triple tuner Hopper, they kept the same dish but installed an even larger LNB, this one had 4 horns on it.

In summary, your dome might need a new LNB, or might just not be compatible with your newest tuner.

Gordon..reviewed kingdome manual. It says 9702 will work with Dish but was originally set for Directv. When it locates a satellite and locks on it will automatically adjust elevation or you may manually adjust elevation prior to looking for a satellite.
Like I said for 3 years with the old 301 Dish receiver no problems with the Kingdome 9702. I eventually WILL figure out their replacement 311k they sent me for the RV.
Secondly, the Kingdome has ONE lnb but two outlets for a main and a bedroom receiver. Aux outlet not used on my setup.
I believe my coax just comes in the front for the main tv via an old Winegard video switch box. Well satellite into receiver and then to switchbox.
PS Last year I installed a Vizio flat screen in a basement compartment and split off the bedroom coax at the switch box. We watched a lot of football games outside last fall..:)
(My work was posted on this forum under "What have you done to your Class A lately?"

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I hope you are not planning to try to replace the King Dome LNB with a Dish Pro Plus LNB. That absolutely will not work at all.

Nooo...the new LNB is for the stick and brick. We have the 500 dish on the house and after inspection yesterday, it has the old Dish Pro LNB installed in 2003, not the Dish Pro Plus LNBF I purchased on line yesterday.
SO I will install the new LNB next week and try to use the dual 322 receiver in the house. If that starts working properly, I then will make another attempt to put the 311k in the RV.
RIght now 311k in the house working perfectly (all channels) and 322 dual receiver out in the RV gets 6-10 channels.
Stay tuned for next weeks episode as Road Glide tries to save a dollar the hard way....LOL

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope you are not planning to try to replace the King Dome LNB with a Dish Pro Plus LNB. That absolutely will not work at all.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like a good theory - best of luck to you!

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought new LNB Dish Pro Plus for $20 on eBay new to put on our house dish satellite. I will try that and reinstall 322 receiver again in the home and see how that goes. If I am successful, then take another shot at putting the 311k back in the RV and trying to program the Kingdome 9702...

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Gordon three...thanks for chiming in..
I have Kingdome 9702 saved on my computer under RV manuals, I will look for what it supports or google more info. I also have the paper copy in the MH. Same but I did notice reading the paper manual it said originally set up for directv. Online manual does not reference directv.
That being said for 3 years rving, no problem with the old dish network single receiver 301.
I've done a lot of searching and reading the last week when I ran across the 322 dual receiver. I bought it Saturday and installed it first in the house.

I did see quite a few blogs where the LNB's had to be changed out....probably headed in that direction.
I believe our house has a 500 dish 12 years old....
You are the first that had a more definitive experience, quite of few of the blogs were vague or repetitive.
Bottom line, might need a new LNB for the house dish to support a 322 dual receiver and the kingdome 9702 may not support fully the new 311k that Dish has brought out for their subscribers.
You and I realize that every time new electronics evolve there is cause and effect....meaning do something new and you will be forced to upgrade all of your equipment.
Thanks again

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Kingdome 9702 manual and I will go through it and see. You mean the smart card?
When I turn power to satelite in MH, it acquires signal (after I manually locate) and then downloads program guide. When that is done then I still only get a few channels on the program guide. Most say partial channel reception or no signal..
thank you newman

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
The dome has to be programed for that reciever card