cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Tailgater, pay as you go

RicB
Explorer
Explorer
Are you using a portable satellite with Dish pay as go you service? How is working for you? What products are you using? Where did you purchase them?
Thanks!
2006 42' Allegro Bus
FMCA - F311884
30 REPLIES 30

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the link

Only good if you have a dish account. I need to set up a account
no where on this link can I see where you start a account?
what did I miss(regarding this )

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Mydish.com
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
rk911 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
...Biggest issue we have is stopping the service after use. Dish just doesn't have a real smooth process for turning off the service at the end of a trip. You need to CANCEL the service, then you get an email to Please come back. If you only pause your service your are charged a $5 a month service charge. The service and reception is great, so I just keep saying to the surveys get a true RV package.

nope, all you need to do is simply stop paying the bill. most of the cust. support people you will encounter are not aware of or have no experience with RV accounts. there used to be a separate RV accounts phone number but that was discontinued a while back.

here's what we do. first, if you haven't done so create an online account with DISH. that will minimize your contact with DISH.

next, if you have your account set to auto-pay each month remove that option from your account. you can either pay your bill via your online account or by phone without human contact.

when you're ready to turn off your account simply stop paying your bill. you'll get email reminders but you can safely ignore them. when it's time to re-start you may have to call and speak to a CSR as your online acct access may be suspended due to inactivity. simply tell them you are in an RV and want to reactivate your account. that's it.

for residential accounts DISH allows customers to "suspend" their accounts for up to 9-months in each calendar year. as RV'ers we own our equipment and we are month-to-month, no 2-yr contract. our accounts are either on or off.

what link allows you to set up a dish online account where you can see the auto pay or manual pay system part?

goto mydish.com, click the LOGON/OFF button towards the upper right and then click 'create online ID'. here's a link to a YouTube video showing the steps. clicky
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
...Biggest issue we have is stopping the service after use. Dish just doesn't have a real smooth process for turning off the service at the end of a trip. You need to CANCEL the service, then you get an email to Please come back. If you only pause your service your are charged a $5 a month service charge. The service and reception is great, so I just keep saying to the surveys get a true RV package.

nope, all you need to do is simply stop paying the bill. most of the cust. support people you will encounter are not aware of or have no experience with RV accounts. there used to be a separate RV accounts phone number but that was discontinued a while back.

here's what we do. first, if you haven't done so create an online account with DISH. that will minimize your contact with DISH.

next, if you have your account set to auto-pay each month remove that option from your account. you can either pay your bill via your online account or by phone without human contact.

when you're ready to turn off your account simply stop paying your bill. you'll get email reminders but you can safely ignore them. when it's time to re-start you may have to call and speak to a CSR as your online acct access may be suspended due to inactivity. simply tell them you are in an RV and want to reactivate your account. that's it.

for residential accounts DISH allows customers to "suspend" their accounts for up to 9-months in each calendar year. as RV'ers we own our equipment and we are month-to-month, no 2-yr contract. our accounts are either on or off.

what link allows you to set up a dish online account where you can see the auto pay or manual pay system part?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have had Dishformyrv pay as you go plan for several years. vip211k receiver and Tailgater antenna. Works great .... most of the time. Occasionally it takes several tries before it finds all the sats. As far as dealing with Dish, no problems.

From Dishformyrv web site:

There is no commitment required, activation, disconnect or restart fees. When you are no longer using your service you can simply stop paying your monthly bill. However, if you are a current DISH subscriber and have a receiver added to your account, or you have a credit card on file for Pay-As-You-Go programming, please call DISH to remove from your account to avoid being billed for the next month.

Key here is do not use auto pay if you use the pay as you go plan.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
No credit checks or long-term contracts, as well as no fee to start and stop your monthly service.

what the dish web site advertises

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
I will add this...as we've traveled around the US we have experienced tree blockage issues and sometimes can't receive satellite reception. Have also noticed some with Tailgaters experiencing the same.

When we return to Phoenix I plan on connecting my Tailgater (currently in storage) to the trailer and see how well it works. If it works out well, I may purchase a Pathway X2 which can do 2 receivers (same Sat) and get both eastern and western satellites.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tailgater and I think a 211 receiver, have had for about 3 to 4 years. Works great. Biggest issue we have is stopping the service after use. Dish just doesn't have a real smooth process for turning off the service at the end of a trip. You need to CANCEL the service, then you get an email to Please come back. If you only pause your service your are charged a $5 a month service charge. The service and reception is great, so I just keep saying to the surveys get a true RV package.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
Llibnmap wrote:
We are using a dish vip211z and a king tailgater. Workers great for us. From Camping World.

Same setup, but ppl motorhomes had the best price when we bought. Often not as strong a signal as using a portable dish...but way easier. It's a good way to go.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Tailgater with a ViP 211z receiver in my previous trailer and it worked well. Now have two 211 receivers but am using the Winegard Trav'ler. Also purchased two WD 2GB USB hard drives for DVR service ($40 activation charge). There is a newer receiver on the market called Wally but I'm not familiar with the benefit of using it in an RV. We purchased from DishForMyRV but Amazon would work as well.

The pay as you go plan has worked well for us. As we move around the country we just update our service address (zip code) and start receiving the local channels as well. The only detriment of the plan is you cannot sign up for a 2 year commitment at a reduced rate like you can for stick homes. With our 2 receivers and the Americas Top 200, along with HD, we pay ~$97 per month.

BTW, we've spent the last month in your neck of the woods, Hopkins then Markin Glen Park. Leaving tomorrow and headed to Howe.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

LKHA
Explorer
Explorer
Tailgater 3 and 211z works great easy setup. Bought straight from dish aprox 100 cheaper than CW.
1st: 1981 29' Chieftain
2nd: 1988 29' Travelmaster
3rd: 1990 35' HR Alumalite.
4th; 1999 35' Windsong by Forest River
Current;2015 fuzion 403 Chrome
08 3500 DRW Silverado duramax

RET US ARMY

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pathway X2 and 211Z receiver with a hard drive attached (to use as a DVR). On the "Dish for My RV" plan with about 200 channels and HD. Works great for us.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Llibnmap
Explorer
Explorer
We are using a dish vip211z and a king tailgater. Workers great for us. From Camping World.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
211k and a pathway