cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with phone to TV connection

Glenn_And_Kitty
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Samsung Android S23 phone. I’m connecting the phone to my TV in my RV. I am not connected to the internet via WIFI but rather just through my phone. I am using the Mirroring app and, as the TV’s are not smart TV’s, I’m using an HDMI/USB connection cable. I am able to connect the phone to the TV and some app channels show up and work fine but others open, show options, and then only show a black screen when I try and watch a particular show however I am getting sound from all. The app channels that have sound but don’t show the picture are one’s such as Netflix (I am subscribed and pay for that service), Discovery through Googol TV (which I pay $4.99 a month for), Dish Anywhere, which I also am subscribed to and pay for along with Amazon Prime. Those apps show sound and picture on my phone but when I connect to the TV in my RV using the smart cables the app shows up with all the options but when I choose a movie or TV show to watch and click on it I get sound but no picture just a black screen on the TV where the picture ought to be. I am still seeing the picture on my phone but it’s not on the TV screen. I do get picture and sound on some apps such as Samsung TV and another app that has shows.
Is there some extra fee I need to pay to view the black screen shows of those apps or is there some setting in my phone I need to adjust? Do I need to have the phone connected to WIFI however, I would think that since I do get picture and sound from two apps I have things set right and don’t need WIFI. Is it the apps like Netflix, Dish Anywhere, and those others I’m having a problem with, just automatically block the picture? Is there some way around that?
Thanking replies in advance for any knowledge that can be imparted or any assistance that can be offered.
Glenn
2019 Coleman 2425RB
2019 F-150
1 REPLY 1

MrWizard
What is the display resolution of your TV ?
720p 1080p 4k ?

Best guess is you are trying to send a 4k phone display to a 1080 TV

You need to change the app settings on the phone, to display at 1080 resolution so the signal on the cable is compatible with your tv
The apps in question, should have an option for displaying a lower resolution video choice,
That is where i would start,
the phone and apps can decode video using newer compression that the TV can not process this goes hand in hand with 4k video signals, you need to use app video settings that are compatible with your tv
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s