cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to watch netflix, hulu, etc on tv in rv

crhope
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are full time RVers. We began our adventure September 2016. My question: how do you watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. on your tv in your RV? We use our T-Mobile personal hotspot (unlimited data) on our iPhones and Netflix works well. However, Hulu buffers constantly. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

The forum software used to automatically archive and close forum threads after one-year of no activity. It's another feature that is broken and has not been addressed by IT.

I'll close it now, and monitor the member mentioned.

Explorer II
Explorer II
You do realize the person that resurrected this 5 year old thread is A TROLL.

I have not determined why they do this though. This forum gets 2 or 3 a week
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
kimgt wrote:
crhope wrote:
My husband and I are full time RVers. We began our adventure September 2016. My question: how do you watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. on your tv in your RV? We use our T-Mobile personal hotspot (unlimited data) on our iPhones and Netflix works well. However, Hulu buffers constantly. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

If you are planning to watch hulu in Canada or outside US you need to have a VPN.

You do realize, this is a 5yr old thread and the available mobile plans are wildly different.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

kimgt
Explorer
Explorer
crhope wrote:

If you are planning to watch hulu in Canada or outside US you need to have a VPN.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Scbwr....Did I miss something with downloading things from Netflix? I have been able to watch from tablet but haven't figured out how to get Netflix from tab to tv. Also, I was under impression that you can't put items on laptop, just tablet or phone. Can you enlighten me on how you can go from tablet to tv?
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

crhope
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank everyone for their posts. They have given me a lot of important info. ๐Ÿ™‚

crhope
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bill,,
We turn on our personal hotspot on one of our phones. Then we use the Roku -no smart tv yet:( When the roku comes on if it says not connected, we go to settings and set up new wireless connections. Most of the time it works with Netflix but Hulu buffers. Now that are settled and have reconnected Directv, We might quit Hulu and just record our "shows". Thanks for your input.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
crhope wrote:
My husband and I are full time RVers. We began our adventure September 2016. My question: how do you watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. on your tv in your RV? We use our T-Mobile personal hotspot (unlimited data) on our iPhones and Netflix works well. However, Hulu buffers constantly. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like you are doing all you can do. You might see if you can turn down the resolution but when you are in a slow internet area there really is nothing you can do. How are you getting the video signal from your iPhone to your TV or are you using a smart TV connected to the your T-mobile hotspot?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
roku
bumpy

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of different ways you can do it.
We upgraded our tv to a smart tv and use the hotspot on our phones for internet and watch Hulu and stuff that way.
Another way is buy the $30 iPhone adaptor that lets you connect a hdmi to your phone and then to the tv. You can mirror the picture to the tv and watch what you want. We do that in our bedroom of the 5er.
Or you can buy an Apple TV or even a smart hub and use your hotspot to access the internet and watch that way but as it sounds you have tried that and have a buffering issue. Apple TV likes data and has a lot of background running and pulling which can slow it down.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have Netflix, they now have the option of downloading many movies & shows. So, on your computer, tablet or phone, download a few things you want to watch and then connect to your tv. I was at a campground on Wednesday and tried it for the first time. Using the campground wifi, I downloaded four shows and then started watching them.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Most streaming services let you set your streaming to a definition setting. Look under privacy and settings in your profile you can set your system to download in standard resolution instead of hi res.
Picture will not be quite as sharp but with all but the best tv's its not real noticeable.

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
buy a chromecast for $35.00 at walmart and cast from phone to TV