cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve been a satisfied Verizon Wireless customer for many years. However, lately I’ve had trouble calling out during the early morning hours; then, after a while, everything would return to normal. Being handicapped, and needing phone service 24/7, I found that situation unsatisfactory.

I tried giving Verizon a chance to fix the issue, but it was never completed satisfactorily. I’m also not pleased that they have given over their stores to some company named TCC. They don’t provide service there, and when I asked about the possibility of buying a new phone, I was advised to go to Walmart or Best Buy, since it would cost less. Additionally, since I already ported over my number to the new phone, They told me my monthly bill would double. Some nerve! :M

Well, that did it! I immediately drove to a T-Mobile store nearby and signed up for their service. As part of the deal, I was given a new Samsung Galaxy A14 5G smart phone, plus a $200 gift card. Now, I’m no fool. I realize they're not going to lose any money. Anyhow, I’m very happy with the new phone, I get a stronger signal than Verizon in my apartment, and I can finally make calls without worrying if it’s going to work (I now see more bars in the signal strength meter than I ever did with Verizon).

The phone is a 2023 model, and will receive updates for at least the next 4 years (it’s already running Android 13). My previous phone was a Samsung J3, which was a number of years old but still worked pretty well even though the signal strength usually hovered around 1 or 2 bars.

So, I hope I made a good choice. Time will tell.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
18 REPLIES 18

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree with everything said so far. I too switched to TMobile after many years with Verizon. Don’t know what has changed with Verizon, but T Mobile is beating them at their own game!
chartrue2@aol.com

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
T Mobile has the 55+ plan basic one line in Michigan (Varies from state to state due to taxes) is about 73/month 10 bucks for line 2. Unlimited everything. some free video services and more.

Good coverage (About the same as the other big two) and Good speeds. I'v been with them for a long time.

Verizon.. Well one of the companies that merged into Verizon.. I think they invented the Cuss-Some-More non service department.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Community Alumni
Not applicable
"when I asked about the possibility of buying a new phone, I was advised to go to Walmart or Best Buy"

Funny, same thing for me in Yuma at the AT&T Store at the Palms shopping center when I inquired about a new phone :@

JimR

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We changed to T-Mobile a few years ago - very happy with the service and the signal ... We've been all over the country with it, and currently live in Florida where we get good signal 24/7 ... We get hotspot as well, and it connects to our PC's when our local WIFI goes down. Great data transfer on that as well.

On Edit: We also transferred from Verizon due to poor service...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic