cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

More Windows 10 Problems..They keep coming

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I normally use Windows MS Paint program to crop/edit/add text to various photos that I have taken for sending on to others... Up until today this has been no problem..BUT now everytime I try to edit and then save a downloaded photo or picture (JPG format).. the screen gives me the following error and won't save it... I have "Googled" this problem but nothing about Windows 10.. any ideas as this only happens on 1 of the 3 computers in the house that is using Win 10. Might have to look for another rprogram to use instaed of "MS Paint".. Any ideas??

11 REPLIES 11

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:
Thanks to all for responding to my question...I have tried all of the recommendations, removed updates, and did what I found when "Googling" the problem (restarting after each trial).. . all with the same results..Not able to save jpg files as I did in the past.. I give up.. MICROSOFT wins and I will learn to use the "Paint 3D" program that came with Windows 10.. It is basically the same with minor variations.. I just wanted to keep the same program for use on all household / laptop computers.. THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME.. I have found during my RV'ing travels, RV'ers are the most helpful group I have been associated with..

I quit letting Microsoft win years ago, sorry you have limited options.

I hesitate to bring it up as it usually leads cloud bashers to comment but Google Photos does all that you said in your original post that you wanted to do. And what you do is synced with all your devices.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for responding to my question...I have tried all of the recommendations, removed updates, and did what I found when "Googling" the problem (restarting after each trial).. . all with the same results..Not able to save jpg files as I did in the past.. I give up.. MICROSOFT wins and I will learn to use the "Paint 3D" program that came with Windows 10.. It is basically the same with minor variations.. I just wanted to keep the same program for use on all household / laptop computers.. THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME.. I have found during my RV'ing travels, RV'ers are the most helpful group I have been associated with..

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:
Another thing I just noticed.. yesterday and today the computer in question installed 2 MS Windows 10 Updates... worked fine last week..

So restore from a pre update and see if it works
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing I just noticed.. yesterday and today the computer in question installed 2 MS Windows 10 Updates... worked fine last week..

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Now try using a different graphics program. That should help narrowing it down.

No problem saving anything when using Paint 3D...

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:
I have "Googled" this problem but nothing about Windows 10..
I googled the error message and got plenty of 10 hits.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Try thiis. Be sure to reboot your computer applying the work-around.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Now try using a different graphics program. That should help narrowing it down.

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Have you tried saving it elsewhere, not the desktop?

Good suggestion.. I tried and am able to save them using Paint in .jpg format to another location/folder other than desktop..BUT ONLY ONCE! If I open them again from that new folder using paint, make additional changes and try to save them to the new location, I again get the same error message only citing the different location.. Strange.. Something has changed but ????

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I know techies will scream bloody murder about this but,,,,,
I would love to have the chance to sell a car to Bill Gates, and after getting his money, be able to tell him ,
Here are three boxes of parts you will have to install, and a toolbox full of things you will need to use PRIOR to driving/using the supposed premium car you already paid for.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried saving it elsewhere, not the desktop?