cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting a garmin 770

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody mounted. Garmin 770 or similar gps to there dash where it is not blocking the windshield down by the 12 volt plugins?
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs
8 REPLIES 8

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Your Garmin might not work with that mount. Contact gps City for more info.
Moisheh

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jim549 just what I was looking for. I don't want my big screen sticking up
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

Jim549
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine through Amazon
The Haights
Jim & Nancy
Bear (our little furry Shichon)
Home State: Michigan
HOC #3976
2017 Pioneer QB300

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to mount it just under the windshield, where can you get the cd mount that sound like the best.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

Jim549
Explorer
Explorer
I have used a bean bag for my GPS. I also have a mount that slips into the CD slot that I have not tried yet. Another method I have used is the suction cup mount attacked to the truckโ€™s dash screen (the one that has the icons displayed). Also, the last I checked, it was illegal in over 25 states to attach anything to your windshield.
The Haights
Jim & Nancy
Bear (our little furry Shichon)
Home State: Michigan
HOC #3976
2017 Pioneer QB300

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
The idea of mounting something you might have to look at once in a while closer to your feet, is potentially an accident waiting to happen. Navigation aids (GPS) were intended (read the startup warnings) to be mounted near or just below line of sight with the roadway, and if that means partially blocking the windshield, that's preferable to placing it such that your eyes will be completely off the road for any reason, even for a second or two.
JMO.

x2 on that although I think California has some laws about attaching things to the windshield...

https://legalbeagle.com/6513133-california-gps-windshield-law.html

I have a tablet mount in my truck, for a 7" tablet, so probably similar size as the 770 unit? It's on 24" adjustable shaft, and secured under a bolt for the passenger seat.

My Garmin 760 uses a beanbag, so it's not attached to the windshield at all. It sits in the middle of the dash.

In my station wagon, my smaller Garmin Nuvi is tucked into the left hand lower corner of the windshield.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a bean bag mount on the dash. It's within line of sight but doesn't block the forward view any to speak of. I'd have to agree that unless you rely completely on the voice directions and never look at it, putting in down low is unwise.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
The idea of mounting something you might have to look at once in a while closer to your feet, is potentially an accident waiting to happen. Navigation aids (GPS) were intended (read the startup warnings) to be mounted near or just below line of sight with the roadway, and if that means partially blocking the windshield, that's preferable to placing it such that your eyes will be completely off the road for any reason, even for a second or two.
JMO.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)