cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photo program for Windows 8

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
After being forced to move from XP to Win8, we decided to buy a laptop so we could take it with us on the road. We used Corel Photo Album on the XP computer for downloading off the camera, sharing photos, etc. It was very simple and easy to use. I don't do a bunch of photo editing. Simply wanted to be able to have photos accessible in an easy format. It also had the capacity to do a "quick send", which reduced the size of the file being transmitted.
Does anyone know if there is a comparable program to use with Win8? The tile for photos seems to keep them in large format, and I can't figure out how to upload them onto Photobucket or other sites (like this one) that require a URL to make a post.

I don't want something with a lot of bells and whistles, because why pay $$$ for things I really don't want or need.
21 REPLIES 21

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Faststone Image Viewer
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Explorer
Explorer
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements - costs about $80 or less. It has an album feature and has the ability to edit simply or more advanced. I use it more than I do the full Photoshop that I also have for semi-pro work. The newest version will certainly install on Win 8 - as should older versions as well. If you are willing to pay for software this will do all that you need to do and more.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have not tried to do that yet with Widders 8.1 but on older boxes I use Thumbs Plus from Cerious (Spelling) Software. Got my first copy of that for free due to some work I do on the net but it's got a decent resize tool.

I normally put the photos in Drop box

Here is one so processed;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdxofvjg6ljepyk/South%20Cove%2012-20-2013%20AM.jpg

The original posted Upside down..
Oh: Taken last December While standing on the steps of my Motor home.

Dropbox photos do not show up here you have to click on it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

schneid
Explorer
Explorer
Paint.net FREE

http://www.getpaint.net/

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
Zoner Photo Studio Free
Faststone Image Viewer Free

This site Gizmo gives the reasons for it's selection of photo software.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the best feature I like about Irfanview is the "thumbnails" ability.
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
oops

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use photobucket for hosting and Fotor for editing simple stuff Gimp for complex.

Fotor for windows 8 http://www.fotor.com/windows8/index.html
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
I use Irfanview and Gimp.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Photobucket will allow you to upload photos from your computer to the Photobucket site. Then you can select any of the uploaded photos and copy the url to use in this forum or any other.

See this post taken from our forums RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's which is found at the top of the page in the blue bar under Forum Help & Support
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all those recommendations. I don't have the ability to install my original Phoro Album on the laptop, as it came pre-installed when I bought the old computer. I do use Photobucket (or did use it), but there is the problem of needing a URL to upload from. I will check out the various programs that have been suggested and go from there. Thanks again.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with SteelPony on Irfan View.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
somebody here recommended "pixlr" to me and it is a nice and simple program, web based.
bumpy

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes use Photoshop Elements, which came free with a scanner.

But most of the time I use Picasa, which is a lot handier.