cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Solar Cells

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Mods- I wasn't sure whch forum was most appropriate for this, please relocate if necessary...

Transparent solar cells are becoming more efficient. This has a great potential for sun roofs and even windows in RV's and homes. I thought that some of you may be interested in it...

Transparent Solar Cells

The company that is making it is in Germany, so if you can't read Germain, you will need to translate their site...
Heliatek
Inquiring minds want to know...
4 REPLIES 4

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
12% efficiency. This wouldn't be safe to use on a windshield, but if used on all the other windows in a rig, it would bring in at least 30-50 watts (am guesstimating big time here), and even though this isn't that much, it is wattage obtained without having to add panels.

Maybe it could be used on a windshield as an "eyebrow tint", where the top part of the windshield is tinted, while the critical area to see out horizontally is untouched. The glass expanse on a lot of "A"s is large enough that having the sheer amount area available would get in at least 100 watts... good enough to at least keep the house batteries topped off when in storage.

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
RayJayco wrote:

The company that is making it is in Germany, so if you can't read Germain, you will need to translate their site...
Heliatek

Besides good morning, my German is limited to a variety foods and beer, so at least won't starve. :B But for all other purposes, they do have a link for an English version in the upper right hand corner of their home page.

DOH! *hand to head smack* I am literate in a few languages and the ones that I am not, I can usually hold my own, however definitely not above translating an interesting page. The link for English was in a very prominent place and easily distinguished...except for me! LOL Maybe flashing lights would help!
Thanks for pointing it out!

No problem PT, I had a feeling that it would be interesting to you.
Inquiring minds want to know...

RayJayco wrote:

Heliatek

Besides good morning, my German is limited to a variety foods and beer, so at least won't starve. :B But for all other purposes, they do have a link for an English version in the upper right hand corner of their home page.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.