cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV HOOK UP

bgant4
Explorer
Explorer
What do i need to look at the 1000 of slide on a hard drive. I would like to watch them on the 46 inch tv. They are now on an external hard drive. Would like to watch a slide show on the tv
thanks
13 REPLIES 13

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
joebedford wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
But first you need to connect the hard drive (on the computer) to the TV. I believe that is the basis of his question.
Not sure I understand your comment. Use a USB cable to plug the drive into the TV.

Which part of "you did not offer any advice about how to connect the computer to the TV" did you not understand?

What part of external hard drive did you not understand.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
joebedford wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
But first you need to connect the hard drive (on the computer) to the TV. I believe that is the basis of his question.
Not sure I understand your comment. Use a USB cable to plug the drive into the TV.

Which part of "you did not offer any advice about how to connect the computer to the TV" did you not understand?
I didn't say that.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
bgant4, Did you get the answer you needed? If not you will want to provide some info. Year, make and model number of your TV, HT and computer. What you have will determine what you can do or need.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Most TVs will display photos from a USB hard drive or flash drive without the need of a computer. Connecting a computer to an HDMI port would give you more options on how to present your photos.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
joebedford wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
bgant4, I just got one of my external hard drives out and hooked it up to the 43" class Insignia TV that I have and it did work fine.

On mine, I could not rotate the pictures that were not correctly oriented. The resolution of the photos is limited to the resolution of the original. All in all, it is a good way of looking at your photos. Other sets may have different controls than my Insignia does. Later I'll try it on my Samsung.

Good luck. David
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bill.Satellite wrote:

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
^^THIS^^

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some TV's will play photos directly from a hard drive.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of easy ways, copy the photos to a Flash drive, SD card or DVD. The Flash drive and the SD card should work directly in the TV set the DVD will work in your DVD player.

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If the television has an HMDI input, then connect your television to your computer and use your computer's screen resolution, duplicate screen or extend screen and use your television as a second monitor. I do this quite often.

Then connect your external hard drive back to your computer and scroll away.