cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ubiquiti-NanoStation N2 with ATT U-Verse 5268AC router

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am not very Technology smart, so if what I write does not make sense please forgive me.

I want to set up a point-to-point wireless bridge (?) between my son's home and where I park my RV in his yard. The distance is about 300 to 400 feet. I am think about using two Ubiquiti LocoM2 Nanostation M2 Link to M2. One at the house and one at the RV. The cost will be about $100.00

Question: My son uses ATT U-Verse 5268AC router to connect to the internet. Does anyone know if this ATT router will work with the NanoStation M2? Some place I read that the M2 may not work if the router has "dynamic" IP address. I do know than from time to time the printer that is wired directly to the ATT router has an error that it has changed the IP address.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is to get an uap-ac-lite plug it in indoors , sit it near the wall facing the trailer, 300-400 feet shouldn't be a problem even with a wall in the way.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, first. If the Router has LAN ports you can set up the house Nano as an "Access Point" and connect it to the router with Cat 5

Second if the router has Wi-Fi. odds are it does, and WEP2 not WPA at 400 feet the NANO should be able to lock on like it was sitting 4 or 5 INCHES away. it's that good at "long range" even if a WOOD wall is in the way (or Brick) Steel or aluminum will block it unless there is a window handy.

How do I know this... Did it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That should work fine. The ubiquiti gear forms a transparent bridge. So whatever you plug in on the remote end will act just like it's plugged in in the house.

You may want to add a small switch on the remote end so you have more plugs, or an access point, NOT a WiFi router.

There's a lot of configuration options, and the documentation is poor, but there's lots of info on YouTube.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205142890-airMAX-How-to-Configure-a-Point-to-Point-Link-Layer-2-Transparent-Bridge-
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
What routers are compatible with AT&T?

Review Of The Top 10 Best AT&T Approved DSL Modems in 2018
CenturyLink Actiontec M1000 DSL Modem. ...
AT&T Westell 7550 DSL Modem/Router. ...
NETGEAR High-Speed Broadband DSL (VDSL/ADSL) Modem (DM200-100NAS) Certified with CenturyLink and Frontier. ...
Netgear 6200 Modem For AT&T DSL.

There's more. Google "att u-verse 5268ac and nanostation m2"
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman