Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WIFI range extender/secureWIFI/Storage/charger

dentmac
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Just purchased a great device . For the RV , it is acts as a range extender and as a secure network.
You have it pick up the campground or any available wifi signal (McDonalds) It becomes a secure router , giving you private wifi within the coach. You can have several of your devices run from it . With this , you only need to select the available wifi with this one device, then your PC or other phones/printer will connect. If the wifi is weak, put it in the car, closer to the office/signal.
It has 128 G memory and acts like a personal cloud. Download from PC or Tablet/phone . Pictures, music etc and up to 7 devices can access the data (with permission)
It has a 7000mA battery . Allows charging of phones or tablets.
Just NEAT !
Their PREMIO click product is also neat. A keyfob remote control for the camera on the phone.
WIFI extender/secure wifi/storage+
3 REPLIES 3

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Usually the connection to the Hotspot is still unsecured. So having a secure connection to your personal router is nice, there is still unencrypted data that can be intercepted by even an entry level hacker.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
you are paying quite a bit for the recording feature as My extender/booster/etc. was about $69 at walmart that is assuming that the system is fast enough for downloading.
bumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having the secure side of the WIFI is only half the problem we run into using the available WIFI HOT SPOTS we would find on our trips.

Our biggest problem was getting fast internet going through the various camp ground location after the place start filling up with folks. It would get so bad you couldn't even bring up GOOGLE SEARCH...

All of that got solved for us going with the VERIZON NETWORK towers and MIFI type devices that generate their own SECURE WIFI Hotspot for all of our WIFI enabled devices... Using this with one of those WILSON SLEEK Cradles to house the MIFI unit which includes the outside Antenna works out like gang busters for us.

We still have the problem of not being able to downstream large amounts of data unless you really have a large fat billfold to pay for it but what we have serves us well to check our emails, checkin with the kids and do some surfing of the internet. All of our photos and other camera functions are all stored on thumb drives that we carry with us and when we get settled somewhere for a few days will populate all of this into our various digital photos albums we love to maintain.

Not saying what you are using is not a great unit just saying I think we would have the same problems as we encountered before trying to use all of the various WIFI HOTSPOT scattered around the US... They are loaded down with too many users most of the time... Being old-school even with a secure end on my side of the connection I'm not sure I would still want to do on-line banking at a fast food service or truck stop location parking lot haha...

Just me yaking here...
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS