cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows Defender, can't find scan button

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first time using Windows Defender. I previously was using Norton, but now experimenting with Defender. The problem is I see nowhere to click on the user interface to initiate a scan. Where is that button hidden...I'd like to know?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
4 REPLIES 4

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
OK. Got it working. I just reset my device and now I can locate the scan dialogue. Must've been a glitch somewhere.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

mr. ed wrote:
This is my first time using Windows Defender.

Just note that you've gone from high level AV protection, to one of the lowest rated. Take a look at security ratings for Windows Defender by AV-Test.org. Just make sure its their independent "public" comparison reviews. And not commissioned by any AV manufacturer.

Also, look at the ratings by AV-Comparatives.org. They're partially funded by government and non-profits.

There are a number of freely available AV packages available. If you want to find Windows Defender, look at the one(s) rated at the bottom of the list for protection.

Just note that Microsoft apparently never intended Defender to be the primary AV protection.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Windows defender is on my task bar in the up carrot lower left corner. Click on carrot then the shield. Using Win 10
If it is not there, in lower left corner type in defender. it should pop up in results.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
google: defender scan
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman