cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xfinity stream

mxdad777
Explorer
Explorer
I have xfinity for my home TV and internet. I have an app on my phone and tablet (xfinity stream) that allows me to watch TV on my phone and tablet. Is there a way to connect my tablet to the TV in my RV so I can watch TV on the big screen instead of my tablet? I do okay with tech stuff, but Iโ€™m definitely a long way from being an expert. Iโ€™m hoping one of you smart guys can help me out.

2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

8 REPLIES 8

MrWizard
"Using the dongle it uses your phones high speed data . The hotspot data I can guarantee you isnโ€™t really unlimited and youโ€™ll be cut off very quickly."
Is a Blanket statement that is not supported without knowledge of his service plan

The amount of phone data available is dependent upon his mobile phone service provider,
The app is on his phone Not his TV , so TV hotspot WiFi connection is not an option its hdmi cable or mirror/casting
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Apple branded hdmi dongle. About 50 buck's , at least they were . One thing I can tell you is Do not use the off brand 18-30$ look alikes as they donโ€™t work or wonโ€™t work for long. The Apple system wonโ€™t recognize them.. I know this from personal experience.
Look for Lightning digital av adapter on apples site to know what it is. While there if just order it from them .
Using the dongle it uses your phones high speed data . The hotspot data I can guarantee you isnโ€™t really unlimited and youโ€™ll be cut off very quickly.
Bill

mxdad777
Explorer
Explorer
Just to clarify, I donโ€™t have Wi-Fi where Iโ€™m camping, but I do have my phone and tablet that I can use as a hotspot.

2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

mxdad777
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Back in 2013 i was connecting my Motorola Zoom tablets to the tv using a hdmi adapter cable,
But now i " Mirror" the phone or tablet to Firestick connected to my TV the play store had apps gor "casting". Or " mirroring" depends on the TV or streaming device you have

I have an Apple iPhone and iPad. I canโ€™t remember the brand of TV and im not near it to check right now, but it is a newer smart TV with HDMI connections.

2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
jorbill2or wrote:
Yes you can in many cases. What phone /tablet ..Apple or android or?
you have and what tv and its capabilities will dictate how.

I agree, but yes, depends on many variables involved! OP can google the question, to get lots of info, as to what works, or won't work.

Jerry

MrWizard
Back in 2013 i was connecting my Motorola Zoom tablets to the tv using a hdmi adapter cable,
But now i " Mirror" the phone or tablet to Firestick connected to my TV the play store had apps gor "casting". Or " mirroring" depends on the TV or streaming device you have
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can in many cases. What phone /tablet ..Apple or android or?
you have and what tv and its capabilities will dictate how.
Bill

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might try a USB to HDMI adapter
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint