cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Magazine

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my second issue. It was just as bad as the first issue. All the articles I enjoyed reading are gone. I will not renew when subscription runs out
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL
23 REPLIES 23

Along4theRide
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the tech editors you'll remember from Trailer Life and MotorHome started their own digital magazine called RV Enthusiast. Lots of how-to and DIY upgrades/repairs. I like it.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
aftermath, that is exactly it. The new clientele does not care about maintaining their RV. All they care about is the look! And how they look at their destination. I want both function and form. They really dropped the ball on this one!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just read the March issue and was going to quote some of the things the editor/owner posted but I threw it out yesterday. Really not my cup of tea. Somewhere I read that this was like looking at "Good Housekeeping" when we are expecting "Popular Mechanics". I agree but then, I am part of the population that relied on Trailer Life to teach me about mechanical things. How does this fridge work? What happens if the hot water tank goes out? What can I do if the heater does not come on? Now I can read about painting the inside of your trailer, what kind of bedding will liven up your trailer, what kind of beer should you be looking at, why camping is so good for people "in love". Yeah and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

To top it all off, the editor said that they have had a lot of criticism lately and reminded all of us that change is a hard thing for people to accept. Then, and this is why I will not renew when the time comes, he told us that there are help articles and information on line at some RV link. If I am going online to find out things that I am interested in, why should I continue to subscribe to your magazine? I really am not interested in what kinds of flowers I should put out on the countertops to "freshen" up the inside. Really?

All that said, I think I do understand the big change. They are aiming at a much younger crowd and from what I am guessing, a more wealthy clientele. It reminds me of the Sunset magazine we used to look at.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
From chocking to TP, it sounds like the mag may have fired anyone who ever RV'd and hired only internet-experienced writers.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:
I just skimmed thru the latest edition and learned that RV toilet paper is an absolute must. So no more arguments and discussion on that subject, just do it. ๐Ÿ˜„

Ain't that the truth! :B :B :B. I noticed the same thing.:B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I just skimmed thru the latest edition and learned that RV toilet paper is an absolute must. So no more arguments and discussion on that subject, just do it. ๐Ÿ˜„

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found a potentially dangerous comment in one section of the March issue of the magazine that just came out and posted about it here. I encourage everybody who tows an RV to read it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rmatteucci
Explorer
Explorer
As a 14 year subscriber to Motorhome Magazine I am disappointed at the first two issues of RV Magazine. if there are not considerable changes from what i have seen in these two issues of RV Magazine I will not be renewing also. It seems more to glamorize RV ownership rather than support those that own RV's or those looking for real information about RV's before purchasing an RV.
2015 Itasca Sunova 33c
Towing 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

OlyPa
Explorer
Explorer
I have been an avid reader of Trailer Life magazine since I bought my first RV in 2017 reading each issue cover-to-cover. In fact, I have recommended it to several friends who were also newer RV owners. The sections of Trailer Life that I enjoyed the most were the "10 Minute Tech" and "RV Clinic". I am very disappointed to see that they have been eliminated in the new magazine. Whereas, I can certainly understand the need to increase marketing pieces and ads to boost revenue, I feel that it is a great mistake to eliminate the best portions of the prior magazine at the same time. I have noticed that the latest issue of RV mag is roughly twice the thickness of the October issue that I am now comparing it to. I'm ok with thicker and also with having to wade through ads thinly disguised as articles, but please bring back "10 minute tech" and "RV Clinic". While reading in this forum, it appeared as though other long time readers are about to become former subscribers over this same issue.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tell them
https://www.rv.com/contact-us/
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Philip_Saran
Explorer
Explorer
I believe we have two lists on this subject.

Over on Camping World Marcus Lemonis says he is just a phone call away.
Maybe we need to all call or email him with our dissatisfaction.

His office phone# 866-232-8990 Email: MarcusVIP@campingworld.com
P@cam

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
The second is as bad as the first, If I wanted to cook I would get a cooking magazine. I want to know about RV's not cooking. I most likely will not renew. Wake up Marcus and put the right stuff in!
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Dick B wrote: "Since I do my reading of the magazine while sitting on the throne it fills the bill."

But with slick paper you really do need twice as much.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Since I do my reading of the magazine while sitting on the throne it fills the bill.
You have to hand it to ML for making a great financial decision. In the past they put out TWO magazines each with about 80 pages of information. Now they put out ONE with about 80 pages of information for about half the work/expense but with the same 160 pages of subscriptions! Where can I get ML stock?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)