12" memory foam mattress ??

Joe_in_Texas
Explorer
Explorer
memory foam Mattress ???
Thinking about replacing the mattress with a Contura By Lane lll -
12" memory Foam Mattress.

The King size measures 76 X 80.....
the king size mattress in our trailer measures 70 X 80....

if you have used one of these memory foam mattress -
HAVE YOU CUT IT DOWN IN SIZE?

Friends have use the memory foam mattress for years and still likes it. But they never had to cut it down in size.

THANKS FOR YOUR words of experience.
10 REPLIES 10

DanielLee8
Explorer
Explorer
If your budget is not limited a memory foam mattress is the best solution, here is a detailed review on top 2017 mattresses by the way ***Link Removed*** . I tested dozens of different ones, but the memory foam is amazing material. Latex ones provoke awful allergy (I am not saying you will have it, just sharing my experience), air mattresses are not comfortable as for me. Among those I could tolerate are folding mattresses, which are relatively cheap and portable. Folding mattresses are great if you have to move often, in some cases they can even substitute bed as they're rather thick.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our memory foam mattress at Target, have one in the house and one in the 5th wheel, both on top of our other mattress, great investment. When I had to cut one I used a electric carving knife, make it very easy 🙂

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I used an electric carving knife as already mentioned.
I used the knife to round the corners to equal the old mattress.
Very easy!!
If your electric knife doesn't have enough length to cut all the way threw, just peel back the first cut a little and finish the cut.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, cut it and save the money of finding a RV size. I did mine with several passes of a regular utility knife.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Overstock dot com has a range of RV mattresses. We got the Nuform 11 inch and it has been great on our senior backs.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I used electric carving knife to cut down to size several memory foam mattress
samsontdog:o:W

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 6 inch memory foam and cut it down. I'd probably go to a food service store and buy a big bread knife. Sharp too. We like memory foam so much we bought another for every the. Bought for house. Bought a couple for the kids too. The ones for kids were from Walmart .com and super comfortable. Probably better than the expensive one in our house.

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
We have one in our house and then we got two for our kids.
Last RV we traded them out for memory foam as well.
We had to trim up the kids beds and was easy enough to do.

But so comfortable.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We bought an 11" MF mattress from an on-line vendor that was cut to the correct size (short queen).
We liked it so much that we bought one for our house.