cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AZ Governor Statement on RV Travel during Stay At Home order

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
This question was asked to a local news station in Tucson, and they got a response from the governor's office.

Article is copywrited with all rights reserved so I won't copy/paste, but you can read it here.
25 REPLIES 25

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
I appreciate the common sense thoughts and guidelines that appear present in the Az Gov's guidelines.

Love how many take "excerpts" from the various guidance being provided to paint it in a negative light. Seattle Steve - Thank you for providing the full context that physical activity, while maintaining social distancing, is essential.

Mike

That's because the "excerpts" are for things like barber shops and hair & nail salons. When he was asked about this in last nights town hall his answer was it was OK as long as they practiced social distancing which is clearly not possible. Sure there a lots of things on his exempt list that truly are. I have no problem with the golf courses or state park hiking trails or campgrounds. And I'm glad he imposed what he did, but there are some things that clearly don't belong on his exempt list.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
aftermath wrote:
otrfun wrote:
...snip

We have no accurate way to determine, realtime, how many people are actually infected with Covid-19. Many who are infected (and spreading the virus) show little to no symptoms. Without strict social distancing, the virus spreads in a silent, deadly, logarithmic fashion....end snip
The infection rate is growing exponentially, not logarithmically. There is a huge difference and I am basing my claim on all of the charts published to date. The "curve" is growing dramatically. When things start to slow down the growth curve will start to flatten and approach a horizontal line. This is when we will see the "logarithmic fashion" in the growth curve.

This hasn't happened yet in the US. Hopefully we will get there sooner (if we all contribute) or later (if we don't).The later part of the story is not a pretty one. Once "everyone" is infected, those who don't actually die will have some kind of immunity. Once the entire population is immune there will be no "new" cases. Not my favorite scenario.
Sadly, you may be right, a logarithmic infection rate may be a bit optimistic. However, we are both in agreement that the virus is spreading very quickly, silently, with deadly results.

Bottom line, the worst is just ahead. It'll come faster in some parts of the country, slower in others. The impact will be lessened in those areas that take a more serious approach to social distancing, and worse in those areas that do not.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
otrfun wrote:
...snip

We have no accurate way to determine, realtime, how many people are actually infected with Covid-19. Many who are infected (and spreading the virus) show little to no symptoms. Without strict social distancing, the virus spreads in a silent, deadly, logarithmic fashion....end snip

The infection rate is growing exponentially, not logarithmically. There is a huge difference and I am basing my claim on all of the charts published to date. The "curve" is growing dramatically. When things start to slow down the growth curve will start to flatten and approach a horizontal line. This is when we will see the "logarithmic fashion" in the growth curve.

This hasn't happened yet in the US. Hopefully we will get there sooner (if we all contribute) or later (if we don't).The later part of the story is not a pretty one. Once "everyone" is infected, those who don't actually die will have some kind of immunity. Once the entire population is immune there will be no "new" cases. Not my favorite scenario.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
otrfun wrote:
Snip...

Is there something in AZ (and other states with lax social distancing) that makes them immune to what is currently taking place in NY's hospitals and ICUs?

Probably space. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
The vast majority of folks in AZ live in the densely populated Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. The Grand Canyon and all those beautiful, wide-open, spacious, deserted, desert vistas (you may be referring to) are many, many miles away ๐Ÿ˜ž

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
otrfun wrote:
Snip...

Is there something in AZ (and other states with lax social distancing) that makes them immune to what is currently taking place in NY's hospitals and ICUs?

Probably space. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
I have two daughters that live in Arizona. One in Phoenix, the other in Kingman. Arizona is three weeks behind the more progressive states. They are wholly unprepared of whats to come. They haven't the infrastucture to care for what's coming their way. With an older population, they will not be able to handle the amount of people that will need care.
Ditto.

We have no accurate way to determine, realtime, how many people are actually infected with Covid-19. Many who are infected (and spreading the virus) show little to no symptoms. Without strict social distancing, the virus spreads in a silent, deadly, logarithmic fashion.

The only way we'll know (with any sense of accuracy) how many people are infected, today, in any given area, is approx. 2-3 weeks from now. Common sense says you can't make effective decisions using data that is 2-3 weeks old. Due diligence says assume the worst and proceed accordingly.

The ONLY way to reduce the spread of this virus is with strict social distancing: Period. End-of-story. Wishful thinking cannot defy reality.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I appreciate the common sense thoughts and guidelines that appear present in the Az Gov's guidelines.

Love how many take "excerpts" from the various guidance being provided to paint it in a negative light. Seattle Steve - Thank you for providing the full context that physical activity, while maintaining social distancing, is essential.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good that AZ understands the needs of us full timers and that we are "Distancing" in our self contained house on wheels.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
mich800 wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
Golf courses here in CO are open even though we are on a stay at home order. The clubhouses are closed, you cannot rent a cart, and they turned the holes upside down so you don't reach in there to grab your ball. Flags are fixed too.

Not a golfer. Does that mean the hole is now shallower so the ball is up higher to grab?

Pretty much. There's also these ideas: https://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/cool-golf-things-coronavirus-cup-placement

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
Golf courses here in CO are open even though we are on a stay at home order. The clubhouses are closed, you cannot rent a cart, and they turned the holes upside down so you don't reach in there to grab your ball. Flags are fixed too.

Not a golfer. Does that mean the hole is now shallower so the ball is up higher to grab?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
JAC1982 wrote:

Nice, some common sense!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I practice antisocial distancing.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
...also, golf carts are only being rented out to one player at a time. Clubhouses are closed. All checking in and paying is done outside. For us walking golfers though, weโ€™re lucky to have an activity that fulfills all the requirements.
E.Lee Galik