cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue ox light cable

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Blue ox seven pin to four pin coiled light cable, the four pin end wires pulled out after one season.Does any one know of a way to provide strain relief for this end. The seven pin end has strain relief.
3 REPLIES 3

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Captjack wrote:
If you are talking about the round 4 pin connector, it is very problematic with poor or no strain relief. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to make up the end that goes to the toad. The last time I rebuilt it I used silicone self sticking tape to make a long transition from the connector body to maybe 6 inches down the cable that provides some strain relief. No problems for the last 10K miles. Never pull on the cable to disconnect.
May do something like that,took it apart the wires had pulled out from plug.Repaired it, for the price it should have strain relief.

Captjack
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about the round 4 pin connector, it is very problematic with poor or no strain relief. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to make up the end that goes to the toad. The last time I rebuilt it I used silicone self sticking tape to make a long transition from the connector body to maybe 6 inches down the cable that provides some strain relief. No problems for the last 10K miles. Never pull on the cable to disconnect.

mvpmich
Explorer
Explorer
Never had any problems with my 7 to 6 pin cable. If it's less than a year old, I'd call Blue Ox and see what they will do.
mvpmich
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2