cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bounder compartment door

dtrink
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a used 1995 Bounder Class A. A couple of the compartment door latches are stuck in the open position. I would like to take them out and either repair or replace. The latches are held in with two screws, but the latch is inside the frame. I tried to take the two screws at the top and two at the bottom of the door frame out but the frame doesn't seem to want to come apart. I don't want to force it and bend or break the frame. Anybody know of something I am missing to take the door frame off? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Very similar to mine. It has a cover on the inside of the door, which comes off, then screws hold latch in. The cover on mine has a plastic rivet that I replaced with a screw.
My catches looked like one of these.
JR Products

Old thread

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dtrink
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, but instead of being on the outside of the frame around the perimeter of the door; they are under the frame. That is why I have to take the door frame apart. I don't know why they made it this way. I watched a video on youtube about replacing the latch and the person making it had his latch on the outside, all he had to do was take the two screws out and pull the latch with rod out. Mine is like that except the latch is on the inside of the door frame.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Aren't your latches in the compartment doors?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

dtrink
Explorer
Explorer
The latch is under the compartment frame. That is why I have to get the frame off first. This is where I am having my problem. Thanks

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You must remove the handle assembly, disconnect linkage then remove the latches.

After removing the center handle assembly, tape a peice of heavy string to the rod so you can pull rod linkage back in otherwise you could have issues.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow