cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covid 19 high risk poll

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
How many people in your household who camp would be considered high risk for covid 19? Those 65 or older or those with health issues at any age or those with both.

My household 2 and both high risk
16 REPLIES 16

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just for a slight ray of hope....
I recently recovered from Covid 19, a doctor that I had for my Valley Fever whom I know fairly well, had a patient in the hospital with Covid 19 in critical condition. With all the chatter regarding "Convalescent Plasma" it was a No Brainer for me to Donate for this patient. Now without revealing those person's, places and things involved, the ICU doctor and my doctor did not expect this patient to make it through the weekend. I don't know everything that was involved due to Privacy issues but I do know this person did make it through the weekend and LUNG wise, where it was critical condition was now in stable condition.

I only mention this here because if you or anyone you know has made a recovery, Donating blood/plasma is needed. It's use is generally in the most severe of cases and while it may not work every time, it is another weapon in a doctors arsenal to combat the horrid conditions of this Virus. The larger the Data Base with Donors, the more patients that can be helped. It is Blood type specific so the need is for all Blood types. Sorry for my long winded "PSA" message but just wanted to throw it out there.

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire.

2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Both of us. One more so than the other.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm 70 and in pretty good health so I guess I'm not considered high risk. But in my tracking of this pandemic it seems like everyone is pretty high risk until a vaccine is developed or the population develops a herd immunity. Some of the stats at this point that I've found:

40% of the hospitalizations are for people under the age of 50

Survival chances approach zero if a patient is placed on a ventilator

90% of the US population which has tested positive are still not fully recovered; 70% of the world population testing positive are still not recovered

Of those who were infected but now no longer test positive the death rate is 21% for the world and 40% for the US

African-Americans have a significantly higher infection and death rate from this virus.

There is just so much the medical community doesn't know yet about this virus and what we don't know could kill us.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Over 80, diabetes, heart disease, history of asthma, staying in place till middle of May. Hope things clear by then and the campgrounds are open.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both 65, history of Valley Fever and asthma for me. Have already had one cruise cancelled and have Alaska cruise scheduled for August( don't have a lot of confidence it will sail). No RV trips planned at the moment or until we get a better handle on exactly what's happening.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Neither of us. I'm 65 so I'm not OVER 65. lol
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Back side of 60 neither have health problems.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I'm over 70. But I also consider RV travel to be the safest kind. If you eat in and don't use public restrooms you shouldn't be in any more danger than those who stay at home. I'm planning to take off next month, the Lord willing.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
ME-62 W. chronic leukemia, so immune system is questionable at best.
Her-62 high BP, otherwise Ok.
Due to my immune issues we have always been practicing social distancing & lots of hand sanitizer so aside from staying home, not a lot of differences here.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Both of us in our 70โ€™s but pretty good health. No chronic issues.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Just me (alone) 76 and diabetic. But, will be back out on the road when things settle down and open up. Staying cautious for now, doing the best I can for myself.

Both of us... not because of age,( young at 55 ) but medical
Her - cancer
Me -Heart issues, asthma , Low lung volumes , Immune deficiency, Low sub class deficiency
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well Iโ€™m 66, had quad bypass 20+ years ago, have many other issues, and DW is in worse shape than me. We have and will not change our plans.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both of us due to age AND Medical reasons

She has asthma & COPD
I have just spent 25 days in hospital due to colon/bladder surgery & complications from it. Section of Large intestines removed/sutured back together. Small intestines looped into stoma with bag bypassing large so they can mend/fully heal
Suppose to be tempory but have NO desire to go back into hospital for reversal surgery until???????
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31