cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic VS Norcold dc refrigerators

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I bet this has been asked a million times.....But looking for the latest opinions......The Norcold is currently about $400 more than a comparable Dometic...Both 12v DC / 8 CUFT....The Dometic with rebates, Camping world email sign up and a sale price is exactly $1000....The Norcold is around $1400 with promotions.....
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ReneeG wrote:
Per our RV tech - Dometic does better at high altitudes. Having camped a lot at 7 - 9k elevation with no problem, I can attest to his expert advice.

That might be true of the Propane types

But the 12 volt what I call "Danfoss" class high effiency (may be 12/120 volt or just 12. Frankly at 3-4 amps (12 volt draw) I don't see the need for the added circuits to make 'em work on 120)

Real nice. and they are compressor powered just like your Residential.. Only way way way less "Hungry" for watts of power.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I have the RFU 9000 from NovaKool. 9.1 cuff. I really like it as the freezer is on the bottom.

I saw a 10 cu ft 12v unit that had the freezer as a drawer in the bottom. Absolutely makes the most sense. When you open the door on a conventional freezer, all the cold "drops out" and it has to restart the compressor to get back to temperature. Not so with the freezer in a drawer....Cold Air Falls and stays in the drawer.....PERFECTO!

https://norcold.com/product/n2175/https://norcold.com/product/n2175/
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Per our RV tech - Dometic does better at high altitudes. Having camped a lot at 7 - 9k elevation with no problem, I can attest to his expert advice.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
I have had both , couldn't tell you which is better . I'd spend less ,and go with Dometic ,knowing what I know about them ,never a real problem with either .

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have the RFU 9000 from NovaKool. 9.1 cuff. I really like it as the freezer is on the bottom.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."