cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Downsized

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Just sold the 01 HR Imperial and it left today. Just bought a 01 Citation 29rk fifth wheel. I have a 04 Dodge with a Cummins to pull it so we will be off to new adventures.
We will miss all the amenities of the coach but will most likely use the trailer more as it will go places we would not take the coach. Will we be sorry Maybe!!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell
4 REPLIES 4

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
RP that 7 ft gone makes a diff. don't it? ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I hear ya there!

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 37 fter with four slideouts. I ended up leaving it parked in Tex for the winters. After a few years I missed the variety of moving around, so I traded it for a 3o ft 5th wheel with a rear kitchen and we love it. It has plenty of room and we can now go to Nat Parks, State and county as well as boondock. We also stay a month or two in a few of our favorite places.
Another plus is that we didn't need the big dually. We pull with a 2500, Hemi with power to spare.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
same here. from 41 ft toyhauler to 34 ft toyhauler. world has opened up just a little bit more now ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats and enjoy your new rig! You won't be sorry, we say how happy we are with our shorter set up all the time now ๐Ÿ™‚

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"but will most likely use the trailer more as it will go places we would not take the coach."

My style...go places the older coach wouldn't go.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad