cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended warranty refund

sty
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased our 2009 Jayco Jay flight Bungalow 40 BHS in June 2008 , purchased an extended warranty which we never used.You are eligible for a refund after the policy expires provided you made no claims, to a maximum of $1000 refund cheque, or the entire amount paid, in the form of a store credit where you purchased your rv.You must be the original owner and still own the unit, provide a copy of the bill of sale, and current insurance as well as sign a declaration form. We live in Canada and our policy holder is Sovereign General Insurance, policy registered under Secure RV or Secure Trailer.

The kicker, you only have a 30 day window from the time the policy expires otherwise it is forfeited. Lastly, after several simple questions the agent asked, how were you aware there was a refund available? I said, we have been counting down the days. Hopefully this helps someone here ,who might have similar entitlements.

Happy RVing, have a safe and fun summer! ~sty
Used to tow, 6 trailers later,park model and found a new family

๐Ÿ™‚
7 REPLIES 7

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming they took the $1000 and invested it, they probably more than doubled it since 2008, so they are probably happy to take their 100 percent plus profit and give you back your $1000.

Now if you had taken that $1000 and invested it...
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying this with an ATV I bought for snow plowing in my business.

I'm using this website to help me remember in 2018.

Future Me

sty
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind is that the company could go out of business before paying back the money. It happened to us and thousands of others 4 years ago. They company sold millions of dollars of policies at the same time and when the time came to refund the money they didn't have it. :R
We were counting the days also!

Actually, the company had been sold and the new company that took over remained solvent but shrank the window of opportunity from 90 days to 30 days..
Used to tow, 6 trailers later,park model and found a new family

๐Ÿ™‚

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another thing to keep in mind is that the company could go out of business before paying back the money. It happened to us and thousands of others 4 years ago. They company sold millions of dollars of policies at the same time and when the time came to refund the money they didn't have it. :R
We were counting the days also!

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Anything that breaks is automatically not covered.
They only cover the good stuff.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Extended warranty companies make billions of dollars a year getting out of paying claims. You need to notify them prior to any thing breaking and getting permission from them for it to break and be repaired under the warranty.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another thing to know. If you have a loan and pay it off early and you purchased credit life and credit disability insurance with the loan, you are entitled to a refund for any of the unused months you paid for. So - pay off 1 year early - entitled to 12 mo worth of premiums back. You pay the full amount up front as part of your deal.