cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generator price too good to be true?

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I saw this on the internet so it has to be for real, right?

Anyone ever hear of these folks? Looks like a great deal and a scam. I did a quick search and found nothing about this company good or bad. Just wondering.

https://globays.com/
33 REPLIES 33

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
www.globays.com | Fraudulent website - Signal Arnaques
https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/122627
2 days ago - Suspected scam: www.globays.com | generators | Fraudulent website on Signal-Arnaques.com.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Everything I've seen of these types of sites is that they aren't ones that are out to do something totally overtly illegal. They won't try to clean out an account or some such thing, they work on the small and frequent cheats. They only charge the amount you agree to, but then they either don't ship anything or ship the wrong and much cheaper thing.

Kind of like mail-in rebates, they hope most people won't want to invest the time and effort to get their money back. That's why the prices are so low, if they were $400-$500, people would be more motivated to try and get their money back. Under a $100, maybe not so much.

Uh Intentionally shipping the WRONG or DIFFERNET thins is totally illegal. You advertise say a Westinghouse 2,000 watt inverter generator for 100 bucks.. YOU MUST SHIP that product for that price. Otherwise it is FRAUD. Pure and simple FRAUD. and as I said

When I checked one of the sights it was 12 days old.
And your point is... Of course it's fraud, and do you really suppose they care? They probably live next door to the Nigerian prince.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Up to 80% off?? Cool!! Great find, thx!!!

We don't need a generator but at under $100 for a nice brand name generator, gonna order a dozen. We'll be the ones at the CG walking around offering brand new generators for cheap. Pssst, anyone want an $800 Champion inverter generator for under $100??

Update: How come when I google globay it comes up with the word "scam" associated with it? Hey, wait a minute... :h

MrWizard
That is the point
Chances are zilch, of getting your money back

Order something on a site like that
You get nothing
And you never get a refund
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Uh Intentionally shipping the WRONG or DIFFERNET thins is totally illegal. You advertise say a Westinghouse 2,000 watt inverter generator for 100 bucks.. YOU MUST SHIP that product for that price. Otherwise it is FRAUD. Pure and simple FRAUD. and as I said

Sure, you gonna sue someone in China for $100?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Everything I've seen of these types of sites is that they aren't ones that are out to do something totally overtly illegal. They won't try to clean out an account or some such thing, they work on the small and frequent cheats. They only charge the amount you agree to, but then they either don't ship anything or ship the wrong and much cheaper thing.

Kind of like mail-in rebates, they hope most people won't want to invest the time and effort to get their money back. That's why the prices are so low, if they were $400-$500, people would be more motivated to try and get their money back. Under a $100, maybe not so much.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
Kavoom wrote:
No need to take chances. I was at Costco about a month ago here in Helena and they had Yamaha SC2000i's on sale for 549 bucks. I don't need one so, I turned my eyes away. There was a pallet of boxes and they were gone within days per my coming back three days later for something else. I don't think Costco is on the scam list.

NOW, that was a deal. OH wait, here it is at 499. https://www.costco.com/A-IPower-1600W-Running--2000W-Peak-Yamaha-Powered-Gas-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html
Those aren't Yamaha generators. They're "Yamaha powered." There's a big difference.

Ahhh, good catch.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
crcr wrote:

I saw the 2000 watt Yamaha inverter generator in a local Costco yesterday, for $499. Heck of a deal ...

As was said, that is NOT a Yamaha generator.
It's a Chinese-made inverter generator WITH a Yamaha engine.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet that stuff is all Chinese counterfeit goods.

Either that or when it ships it won't get through Customs.

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Kavoom wrote:
No need to take chances. I was at Costco about a month ago here in Helena and they had Yamaha SC2000i's on sale for 549 bucks. I don't need one so, I turned my eyes away. There was a pallet of boxes and they were gone within days per my coming back three days later for something else. I don't think Costco is on the scam list.

NOW, that was a deal. OH wait, here it is at 499. https://www.costco.com/A-IPower-1600W-Running--2000W-Peak-Yamaha-Powered-Gas-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html

It won't run your airco though. You need something like a Westinghouse WH2200iXLT at https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-WH2200iXLT-Portable-Inverter-Generator/dp/B00NHACROW

I have one of the above and it has started my airco for years now. Haven't tried it on the new one but it is smaller than the old pop up air conditioner.

The prices on these things have come down so much there is no need to hunt down deals and take chances like the old days.

I saw the 2000 watt Yamaha inverter generator in a local Costco yesterday, for $499. Heck of a deal ...

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw an ad just like that (Likely the same company) different URL. Did a bit of researd.. that domain is now 14 days old with a confidence rating of ZIP. ZERO, NADA.

Prices (less than 100 for a 1100 generator) do indeed look too good to be true.

Recommendation. IF you choose to buy get a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard. One of those "Gift" types. Load it with JUST enough to cover the transaction and that way they won't be able to wipe out your account for you.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
WTP-GC wrote:
UMMMM...I once bought a container with nearly $100K worth of tools for less than $5K. Yes, it was legit and it absolutely ruined me on future good deals :B:B
Again, I'm not saying this website is legit or that anyone has a chance of getting what they bought. But I'm not so scared of my own shadow that I'm not willing to take a chance on something like this.

Regarding AMEX, if they attempted to hit my card, AMEX would probably not allow the charge to go through in the first place if it was a scam. But as suggested by someone else, they probably don't accept AMEX anyway.
If you've got time and patience and plenty of both to waste, then go for it. But you'll find that they will send you something, not what you ordered, but something cheap, then blame it on shipping problems. Whatever card you use will want you to work through the issue with the vendor, the vendor will put you off as long as he can, hoping you will simply give up. You will spend a couple months, and perhaps some expense to ship back what was "mistakenly" sent to you. I guarantee you won't get what you order, so why bother. All you'll get out of it is aggravation and potentially lose some money for return shipping of whatever they send you. They most likely will offer to refund the shipping charges, but good luck on that one.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Just what I need...a $98 generator!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad