cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great RV Escapes Savings System???

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I got an email from something called Great RV Escapes Savings System. The person identified himself as Ken Levine and he is promoting something called a national camp rate savings pass that guarantees at least $10.00 or one-half OFF the regular rv camping site fees. This discount is supposed to be valid at practically every rv campground in America and Canada according to the email. He also said they are offering it for a "limited time only" at a rate of $67.00 for two years or $97.00 for four years. Anyone else had this offer?
8 REPLIES 8

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't even think about it.
Jayco-noslide

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that it's a scam but I wanted to hear how many had already experienced it. There is NO WAY one entity, company, corporation or whatever you call it could contact and get agreement from virtually EVERY rv resort, campground in the USA and Canada go give minimal discounts and as much as half off discounts. First of all it would be a bad business move on their part to give such a huge discount since it would cost them money in the long-term and not ALL campgrounds and resorts are open year-round. Plus the entire rving community would jump in head first to buy such a "great deal."

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
reading their "note" to campground owner's it screams scam.
bumpy

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
The real advantage to these discount programs is to the seller, not the purchaser. Not much different than "timeshares". IMHO.

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
There was a "scam" like this a few years ago. I forget the name of the company. It was started by a man in AZ I think. All you get for your money is a CD with the name of "practically all campgrounds in the USA". Don't ask how I know. . . . . :M
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If it sounds too good to be true............

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
"Practically every campground in America"... Hmm, never seen or heard of that organization at any campground we've been to in New England. Good Sam and Passport America we've seen signs for.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
If you google "great rv escapes savings system" and then follow the links to the posts on some of the other RV forums, it appears this is not a viable way to get discounts on RV parks. Go for Passport America - it's legit.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.