cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

holding tank leak?

Caryite
Explorer
Explorer
In inspecting my travel trailer after the recent cold temps (in NC), I noticed that I had some ice buildup outside of my holding tank valves, that was pink in color. Given I put the RV antifreeze in my lines and into my black and gray tanks, it could be one of those three areas.

My fresh tank did not have the pink RV antifreeze in it, so I don't believe that is the problem.

Any thoughts on this given the attached photo? I suppose I will have to troubleshoot once things warm up with water in one tank and the other empty. I hadn't seen this in prior years, but prior years weren't this cold in NC either.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Caryite
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Looks like the seal between valve and pipe,, This is an easily replaced (IF the bolts are not rusted) gasket,, id' do it in the spring when you drain the pink.

Might just be a loose bolt,, check in spring once melted.

Thank you both for the replies, will do.

I don't believe the bolts are rusted and I plan to check in the spring. Blue water from both tanks at separate times would signal that this is coming from where the valve meets the pipe. I've only had the original camper for 3 years, and will check the seal and the tightness of the bolts in the spring. Can't wait.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like the seal between valve and pipe,, This is an easily replaced (IF the bolts are not rusted) gasket,, id' do it in the spring when you drain the pink.

Might just be a loose bolt,, check in spring once melted.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm, when it thaws, throw some blue food dye in ONE of the tanks. If the water turns blue, blah, blah, blah
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB