cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to keep gray water from coming up into tub?

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do you do to keep gray water from coming up into the bathtub when you have to drive to the next dump station?

I tried buying a tapered rubber plug, but it's designed to keep water from going down the drain, not water coming up. With the shape of the taper, it just gets pushed up and out of the drain.

Have any of you come up with a good solution to keep water from coming up into the tub when you're driving on a curvy road?
52 REPLIES 52

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If you have a single discharge point. You can put a twist on valve on the discharge. Close the discharge and open both grey and black tanks. Allow grey water flow into black tank. This trick will give you access to the additional capacity left in the black tank.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Bring along another container like a tote or just a 5 gallon jug to put the extra grey in. I use the jug method to extend my stay and just dump it down the closest toilet.

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Use less water!
al

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a tote: or better yet two.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Yes dump more frequently. But if you can not dump you can try a plug from a swimming pool supply.

Amazon
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
dump more frequently.

Perhaps an example will help.

We camp in a rustic campground for a week. Campground does not have a dump station. Nearest dump station is about 45 miles away. Those 45 miles are up and down and switchbacks.

Dumping more frequently is not an option, and even if it was, it's still 45 miles one way on a curvy road.

^^^ what they said ! ( IF POSSIBLE ) possibly use a blue tote to drop the level a bit
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
dump more frequently.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle