cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

paint shower pan

JR51
Explorer
Explorer
Want to repaint my shower pan in 1996 motorhome. Not sure if pan is plastic, fibreglass or some other material. My question is will epoxy paint work on all of the above materials or is another product recommended?
8 REPLIES 8

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Those using spray paint, how has it held up, and what happens when the shower gets dirty and you scrub or use cleaning chemicals on the surface? Does it start to flake off, scratch or look ugly? I know paint will scratch easy so that makes lots of little crevices for germs to hide in.
I, personally, would never

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Marine boat deck roll on. Comes in a ton of colors. Cabelaโ€™s sells it.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen wrote:
I used Krylon spray paint for plastic/fiberglas in a whole shower that had turned yellow over the years in a older Montana 5th wheel. Used a laquar thinner to clean it and spray painted it. Turned out great and after 3 years it still looked good.

x2

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Look into cheap generic truck bed bed liner coatings. I painted a shower pan in a nice neutral gray and it turned out fantastic, was durable (as I store stuff in shower when driving) and was easy to clean.
I used masking tape as needed to keep it neat.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I used Krylon spray paint for plastic/fiberglas in a whole shower that had turned yellow over the years in a older Montana 5th wheel. Used a laquar thinner to clean it and spray painted it. Turned out great and after 3 years it still looked good.
cpaulsen

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Many use the rustoleum appliance spray paint. Excellent adhesion, excellent wear, excellent wet area properties, excellent flexibility, excellent coverage of repaired chips and cracks plus very reasonable cost. Downside, heavy fumes and needs to be done in a well protected (mist/over-spray sticks to everything) and ventilated (heavy fumes during spraying) areas until it's cured.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Also there's clear nonskid spray paint for plastic, fg etc.
-jbh-

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC I used Krylon to paint some old plastic porch chairs. worked great.
bumpy