cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable Macertator

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just wanted to share my experience with a portable Macerator pump for the RV. I have had problems finding a place to empty the black and gray tank when returning home. The places I use have closed the stations down or don't allow drive in's any longer. I suspect use has been reduced due to covid.

I have sewer clean-out at my home but it was about 140 feet from where I park my trailer. The Macerator pump recommends a 25 foot 3/4 hose but from I had read those who had purchased the Flojet used 75 to 100 foot 3/4" hose without a problem. This was still out of reach from my clean-out.

I checked under my house and found that there was a sewer line on the same side of the house that I park my trailer on. I spoke with a plumber and he said that there would be no problem adding a connection.

I can now use the Macerator with a 25 foot 3/4" hose if parked in front of my RV port or a 75 foot 3/4" hose if parked in my RV Port. Both work great. The 25 foot hose is easier to deal with.

If your thinking about this it sure makes things more convenient.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
6 REPLIES 6

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I made macerator hoses from 3/4" pond or water feature hose. Lightweight, and it coils easily for storage.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
if you have a clean out on the same side of the house can you just dump your tank with the normal hose? or is it still to far away. I know I would be checking to see if I can extend it so I could.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a 50 foot BLACK garden hose 3/4 inch. also a 25 foot GRAY hose.. (yup color coded hoses) they were labeled as to use as well.. before I took the RV to the bone yard I dumped the hoses in ye old park dumpster Do not want anyone ever thinking they are what they are not.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made two connections. This one is for the standard RV sewer connection. I had to use JB Weld for the pipe that goes through the cap.

I made this one for the house
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I carry 50 ft of 3/4 inch hose while traveling. Another 75 ft at home to reach my sewer clean out. Each length is sectioned into 15 to 20 ft for easy handling, storage and shorter hookups.

I made several size sewer screw in PVC caps with garden hose swivel connecters JB welded in place. Allows me to keep the sewer end connected while on site and not have to worry about the hose coming out during use.

DW often has a better idea of how we are going to park (usually not the same as the campsite designers) for a better view. The macerator makes it possible to pull in and hook up no matter where the sewer connection is.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I also market my waste hoses with red and yellow stripes identifying them as bio hazard. Not for fresh water supply