cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Posting a Picture, how do I do it?

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to post a picture along with my text but cannot figure out how to do it, will you help please?
Paul & Margie
11 REPLIES 11

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
I used to know how to do this, but I forgot....

2017 Coachmen Galleria

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
What I did was I added a short cut of that link to my desktop and placed it in the upper right of the desktop. Then I put an empty folder under the Imgur shortcut in which I put the photos I wish to post.

Then it's two clicks to open Imgur and see the photos I wish to drag and drop.

My memory is short and my dyslexia long so it is easier for me.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Go to this link and follow the directions. Copy and paste the complete resulting link in your post.

http://photoposting.is-great.net

This worked great, very easy, thank you very much.
Paul & Margie

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The photo posting link reduces pics to the maximum permitted size for posting, but the size can easily be adjusted smaller if desired. Just add a "width=nnn" argument (without quotes) between the link and the closing IMG tag.

Width=350

Width=450

Default width
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Full instructions are located here on the forum, in the FORUM POSTING HELP section, and the recommended method is very simple and easy. Just to help, I have copied the info and posted it here for you.

Easy Photo Upload & Posting Web App! (1492)
A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net (Updated 10/03/2016).
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use IMGUR here for my posting engine... I can add photos to IMGUR and it assigns the HTTPS required address and is pretty much click click... I use the WIN10 snipping tool to copy and move photos to my IMGUR folder... Then I can select the photo and add to the various forums using their image form.

After you play around with it it becomes very easy to use... It is also a FREE photo program to use...

This is my setup in Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge in Medicine Park, OKLA..

Roy's image

I used windows paint program to make up my signature photo and states camped in map shown here...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
fred42 wrote:
Is that link accessible by clicking on some menu item on rv.net somewhere? I have used it for a while now but, unless I'm mistaken, it seems like a link that is not placed in front of potential users at the time of need with a meaningful label, but instead a secret link that is only passed down to the next generation when someone asks.
Maybe in a sticky, but I put it on my tool bar and also added it as a favorite.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
Is that link accessible by clicking on some menu item on rv.net somewhere? I have used it for a while now but, unless I'm mistaken, it seems like a link that is not placed in front of potential users at the time of need with a meaningful label, but instead a secret link that is only passed down to the next generation when someone asks.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Paul1944 wrote:
I would like to post a picture along with my text but cannot figure out how to do it, will you help please?
Looks like you figured it out
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Go to this link and follow the directions. Copy and paste the complete resulting link in your post.

It also works for other forums as well .

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate