cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for Moderators

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking primarily of the "Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos" thread.

Is there a way to download the entire thread so I can save and print the whole thing?...preferably into a word processing format where I can weed out everything but the hints & tips themselves, deleting the extraneous stuff.
11 REPLIES 11

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at the details of the link I posted, you can do that on whatever page you want. Just edit the URL at the top of your browser to add "/print/true.cfm" right after the large thread ID number. Then you'll get a printable page which contains all of the pages.
Here's a link to the full printable page you're looking for: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17436377/print/true.cfm>

WOOHOO! THANKS, WNJJ! There's "only" 823 pages to it!

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
dcmac214 wrote:
wnjj wrote:
dcmac214 wrote:
I guess it's something in the computer. Hitting print only prints that one single message. No download option. No option to print or download a whole thread like I see in some other forums.

Not 'Print' above each message but 'Print Topic' at the top or bottom of the page. After that a popup window comes up with a 'print' option which in turn show show all of them in print preview.

If you click this link, it should show a full page with all messages in the thread and a print option at the top.

My fault for not being clear enough asking my question. The Hints & Tips topic is "very large and can only be printed 1 page at a time". What I'm wondering is, is there a way I can get all of it without going thru each message or page. Page-by-page is better than message-by-message but it's still an onerous task. And I've got a strong lazy gene.

Your question was clear enough but when I looked at a larger thread and it appears the "print topic" becomes "print page". That little detail that nobody pointed out changes things.

If you look at the details of the link I posted, you can do that on whatever page you want. Just edit the URL at the top of your browser to add "/print/true.cfm" right after the large thread ID number. Then you'll get a printable page which contains all of the pages.

Here's a link to the full printable page you're looking for: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17436377/print/true.cfm

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
dcmac214 wrote:
I guess it's something in the computer. Hitting print only prints that one single message. No download option. No option to print or download a whole thread like I see in some other forums.

Not 'Print' above each message but 'Print Topic' at the top or bottom of the page. After that a popup window comes up with a 'print' option which in turn show show all of them in print preview.

If you click this link, it should show a full page with all messages in the thread and a print option at the top.

My fault for not being clear enough asking my question. The Hints & Tips topic is "very large and can only be printed 1 page at a time". What I'm wondering is, is there a way I can get all of it without going thru each message or page. Page-by-page is better than message-by-message but it's still an onerous task. And I've got a strong lazy gene.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
dcmac214 wrote:

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Click on "Print Topic" in the light blue band at the top or bottom of the thread. Then click on "print" in the preview box that pops up. That will get you the all pages of the thread sent to your printer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I think it would be better to just copy and paste from the screen to a text file or word processor file. The editing would be accomplished at the same time.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use the "Print Topic" button and then copy/ paste the resultant preview into a word document.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Print as a PDF. Save.

But then it's not editable without the software that reverts .pdf files back to Word. OP wants to remove the fluff.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
Print as a PDF. Save.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a mod, but check out the "Print Topic" button at the top of the thread, it should do what you want. Copy and paste into your word processing program.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed