cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quit RVing

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
Well folks it sure has been great reading the posts on here plus staying at the RV parks and chatting with some really nice people.
But I turn 86 next month and the ole eyesight is fading, I'm just not a quick with my actions driving any more. Plus it's getting very hard getting up the steps into the MH.
We just thought it's time to get rid of the MH and quit traveling. We gave our son the MH and the MH carport is very empty.
I really miss jumping in it and heading out to just where ever we wanted too go.
Y'all drive carefully and keep safe and remember it's not where you are going, it's enjoying the trip getting there.
30 REPLIES 30

Mountain_Jack
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Birthday, pard, next month.
Please, do stay around the forum sharing your wisdom, thoughts, ideas.
I ain't no spring chicken anymore either...:B
Hopefully you can go out & still have some good fishing adventures.
Take gentle good care of yourself.
1989 Pace Arrow 37', Ford 460

Take Care.........Drive Safely...........Grizz Jack..........Happy fishin'.....:B:B:B

"Have You Kissed a Bass, Today?"........:W :B

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
Godspeed to you! Enjoy all the good RVing memories you've made over the years!
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

Npdchief07
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy yourself. Congrats on doing it for so long.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear of the end of your RV career.
In a couple of weeks I will be up in Seattle for Dad's 95th birthday. He still has camping equipment in the garage. My uncle is 92 and he will be there.

When I can't drive an Rv, I will find someone to take me out there and buy an off-road wheelchair. I don't go out there just because I like it, I have to go.

GW_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
I know my day is coming. That makes me more determined to keep at it now.
Brant and Sylvia
2019 Ford F250
2015 Cedar Creek 38CK

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on a wonderful camping career. As others have said, stick around and share your wisdom (including that of knowing your limits and when to call it quits).

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose that day comes to all of us whether we like it or not. At 81 we are still RVing and biking but one day the hitching up and down, loading and unloading, sanitizing, etc. will take its toll. Hopefully, it comes at a time when we accept that fate and can then move on with fond memories.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck! Please don't leave the forum, though. Your wealth of experience is very helpful.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run ...

Sad to hear, but you are wise in your decision. You know your limitations. That has been my anchor point on these forums for years encouraging folks to fully understand and know the limits of their RV's and their related equipment. The most important piece of equipment, is...after all ... us!

Hope your son enjoys the MH as much as you did. Hope you continue to share your experiences on these forums and try to teach these "young-uns" how it's REALLY done!

Good luck!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 15 years your junior, a disabled veteran and I'm having problems hoking up the towed and so forth. If we could sell our MH I think we might give it up. But still upside down on it, so we push ourselves to get use of it. Still enjoy what it is all about though.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Congratulations for knowing when to "pass the torch". I hope I have the same wisdom when my time comes.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that time has come, but glad it took so long for you to get there! Good luck to you - may you find another way to make your days happily adventurous!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Happy trails. My end is coming too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to you. I can only hope to have the longevity you have had!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday. I know it was a tough decision that all of us will be faced with. I recently sold my plane due to my wife has a health issue that will progress so I kinda know what you went thru with the decision.