cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assiatance

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Roadside Assistance is a big deal when it involves a motorhome..and you are broke down 250 miles from nearest fuel let alone service..and now God Sam and Coach Net and FMCA are all on the same sheet written by the hedge funds that bought them. Last year CoachNet refused to get us assistance because it was Holiday Weekend and Good Sams, if I remember correctly was closed for the Holiday. We carry both because of problem.We bought FMCA and it now reads no better with limits than devastate your bank account and limits are lower on lodging and so forth or not at all covered. I don't remember specifics at the moment.
The old Coach Net or the much older CW Care is what everyone wants.
Who offers it?
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I switched from Coach-Net to the roadside service provided through my Progressive insurance for $22/year. The contractor is Cross Country Motor Club. Recently we had an engine failure incident while traveling on the NYS Thruway where road service requires special permits and must be dispatched through the Thruway Authority's own dispatcher. Because of that, Cross Country was not able to arrange a tow and instead gave me the phone number for the dispatcher and advised me that I would be reimbursed for the tow up to the policy limits. The tow operator that was dispatched was prompt and did a great job of hauling the coach to the Ford dealership we requested. The bill came to $810 and within a week of submitting the claim and a copy of the invoice online we received a check in the mail for the full amount. Sign and go would have been better, but I think the annual cost has been covered now for quite some time...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mptexxas
Explorer
Explorer
We have had good luck with GoodSam. They seem to cover most everything and even unlocked out daughter's car one time. We recently decided to try FMCA (which is SafeRide motor club). We had a flat tire in our car and they would not come out and do anything becuase we failed to register our car with them. When we signed up, they never mentioned signing up all our vehicles even they we were paying for all of them. We have since tried to contact them and have had very little success getting them to answer the phone. We are going back to GoodSam.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I have been a member of the National Motor Club for 61 years.

National Motor Club Holdings, Inc. Names New Presidents of National Motor Club and Coach-Net

I have been a member of the Good Sam Club for 19 years. I had Coach Net coverage in the past but prefer the coverage of GSRSA. I carry their Platinum + Plan.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
It was discussed on one of these forums when Coach Net was sold. The next year the rates went up and the coverage went down.
It was probably discussed here but was on FMCA Forums when a lot of people switched to the new FMCA coverage,and then...last year FMCA coverage which was closer to the old Coach coverage went up in price and coverage went down.
The Parent company now of Coach Net coverage and FMCA road side assistance..is Safe Ride,regardless of who sells it under their label. The Ownership of Safe Ride, I don't remember at the moment but there was one or two mentions of it somewhere within the last year.

There was a lot of mis-information about Coach-Net being "sold" to NMC a couple of years ago when NMC started a rebranding program to bring their various divisions, including Coach-Net, under the NMC label. It didn't take long for them to figure out they were better off leaving Coach-Net under it's own name.

SafeRide and its sister company, Vehicle Administration Services, have no connection with FMCA other than being FMCA's current RSA contractor. I have found nothing to indicate that SafeRide/VAS has any ownership position in NMC or Coach-Net. All indications are that NMC and SafeRide/VAS are independently owned with no corporate connections. If you find any valid information to the contrary, please post a link to it.
Dutch

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It was discussed on one of these forums when Coach Net was sold. The next year the rates went up and the coverage went down.
It was probably discussed here but was on FMCA Forums when a lot of people switched to the new FMCA coverage,and then...last year FMCA coverage which was closer to the old Coach coverage went up in price and coverage went down.
The Parent company now of Coach Net coverage and FMCA road side assistance..is Safe Ride,regardless of who sells it under their label. The Ownership of Safe Ride, I don't remember at the moment but there was one or two mentions of it somewhere within the last year.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just did a google search and coach-net is still owned by the National Motor Club.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Coach-Net/Safe Ride was bought out a few years ago. It was no secret.
Good Sams..in 2005 was CW Care or Camping World Care and I think Coach Net was it at the time
I still have my card. Safe Ride is FMCA and Coach Net I believe, at the moment.I didn't write down date and information at the time.

Please post a link that shows NMC being sold to a hedge fund. SafeRide is unrelated Coach-Net or parent NMC. Good Sam Enterprises/Camping World has always contracted for their roadside assistance programs with companies like Road America, Cross Country, and since 2011 Allstate. FMCA only offers SafeRide plans to their members, as does the Escapees RV Club. Neither club has any direct ownership interest in SafeRide.
Dutch

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-Net/Safe Ride was bought out a few years ago. It was no secret.
Good Sams..in 2005 was CW Care or Camping World Care and I think Coach Net was it at the time
I still have my card. Safe Ride is FMCA and Coach Net I believe, at the moment.I didn't write down date and information at the time.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Coach-Net has been a division of National Motor Club since it's founding in 1987. Independently owned NMC has been in the roadside assistance business since 1956. Good Sam's roadside assistance is provided by Allstate Motor Club, and FMCA currently uses SafeRide as their roadside assistance provider. No hedge funds in sight that I can see...
Dutch

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
PartyOf Five wrote:
As much as they would like you to believe otherwise, no one is going to lose money on your membership. We have a combination of providers as well, and have been very happy with the service provided through progressive our insurer. In moments of stress in which roadside assistance is needed, we do remind the children that being stuck in a motorhome is about as good as it gets because you have food, facilities, beds, and entertainment until the problem is resolved. When we've had plenty of long service calls, but at the end of the day I'd rather call them then go out in the rain or at the side of the highway and resolve it myself if I have the option and I'm paying for it.

You don't understand paradigms. They made lots of money with great coverage and 69.00 a year because they had lots of Customers.
Stuck 250 miles with 200 mile limit to nearest facility that ocassionaly works on a truck diesel, thus viewed at nearest facility that can handle whatever s no solution or $1200.00 limit on a $5,000.00 tow is not a great scenario.At $159.00 and no better service is abysmal. Great for the hedge fund and top down economics but not for us and our money.
As soon as someone comes along with the or a great plan again they will get all the business until bought by the next or same hedge funds and maximizing their profitability which I don't give a hoot about.
When you control or own the market you get away with it though.
I have no tears to shed for them or appreciation for their huge profiting structure.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
As much as they would like you to believe otherwise, no one is going to lose money on your membership. We have a combination of providers as well, and have been very happy with the service provided through progressive our insurer. In moments of stress in which roadside assistance is needed, we do remind the children that being stuck in a motorhome is about as good as it gets because you have food, facilities, beds, and entertainment until the problem is resolved. When we've had plenty of long service calls, but at the end of the day I'd rather call them then go out in the rain or at the side of the highway and resolve it myself if I have the option and I'm paying for it.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.