cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
AO_hitech wrote:
mrjimboalaska wrote:
.....that is 85% in 10 months...

But, you are not being taken advantage of. Their costs have gone up by that much. Somehow, it now costs almost twice as much to mine oil and produce fuel with it. :R

I really need to start selling that beach front property in AZ...

WE get it !! Actually, we got it 100 posts ago. You believe in the Big Oil Conspiracy Theory. Now show us something to back it up ?

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Joe may be right to some extent - perhaps there is a little Y2K hysteria setting in. Massive food riots do not appear likely anytime soon.

Jack

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
mrjimboalaska wrote:
I also believe that our supply system in the US is about to be crippled due to diesel cost.....wake up folks, YES, the cost will be past on, and some of it will not hurt.
Think about Los Angeles with food shortages........bad news.
When do you think this will happen? Next week, next month, next year.:H

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
mrjimboalaska wrote:
.....that is 85% in 10 months...

But, you are not being taken advantage of. Their costs have gone up by that much. Somehow, it now costs almost twice as much to mine oil and produce fuel with it. :R

I really need to start selling that beach front property in AZ...

mrjimboalaska
Explorer
Explorer
I think some people have not understood my posts BUT THEY UNDERSTOOD MY YELLING!
Drill our Oil, do it NOW. But that is not the only answer to our energy CRISIS, whic folks, IT IS A CRISIS.
We need Nuclear Plants, WIND, Solar, Hydrogen, Bio Fuels(not food based) and continue our development of other forms of energy.
I like the idea of electric cars, but at the moment, we would have a SERIOUS problem with electricity if we were all plugging in to charge.
Also, SOLAR, has some promise, But NOT PHOTOVOLTAICS. Solar Cells, have a HIGHLY TOXIC Manufacturing Process. (wonder why China is the worlds leader in the manufacture of Photovoltaics?) BIG NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT. This I know, since I spent 10 years in the Manufacturing of Silicon Die. This won't stop me from making our retirement home SOLAR and Wind, but figured I'd give ya something to think about.
Cutting expendatures? Ya, you are going to see A LOT of people cutting back.
Economy WILL tank if Oil goes over $200 a barrel.
By the way, NO WAY IN HELL are the farmers of America going to feed 360 MILLION people pulling plows with horses. Besides, You'd be hardpressed to find that many working teams left here in the US.....I did watch Grampa swath hay with his drafts, but is was "fun" time for him.....

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Joe - Don't take this too lightly. It's more than just a couple bucks increase or a technical spike in he market. Like nearly all disagreements, the actual truth probably lies somewhere between our two positions.

mrjimboalaska
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
OK I HATE THE DANG PRICES- AND WE CAN TALK ALL DAY, BUT YOU AREN'T A NUT CASE IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO VENT or shout.

BUT, For whatever it's worth, gasoline prices are "only" $0.60 to $0.70 higher than last year.

If you want to play percentage games that's less than 20% of 4 bucks.

(Ok, please don't shoot, I know that doesn't make you feel THAT MUCH BETTER :-).......I'll check back later) ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a receipt from a LOVES truck stop in North Carolina from 11 Jul 07 and I bought diesel for 2.549, today in Abilene, 4.719.....that is 85% in 10 months, better check your math.......

I also believe that our supply system in the US is about to be crippled due to diesel cost.....wake up folks, YES, the cost will be past on, and some of it will not hurt.
Think about Los Angeles with food shortages........bad news.

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
My dear, departed grandmother wrote:
Always figure on the worst possible outcome. That way you'll never be disappointed

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
OK I HATE THE DANG PRICES- AND WE CAN TALK ALL DAY, BUT YOU AREN'T A NUT CASE IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO VENT or shout.

BUT, For whatever it's worth, gasoline prices are "only" $0.60 to $0.70 higher than last year.

If you want to play percentage games that's less than 20% of 4 bucks.

(Ok, please don't shoot, I know that doesn't make you feel THAT MUCH BETTER :-).......I'll check back later) ๐Ÿ™‚

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe this will ease the pain of buying gas !!

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

27triple-e
Explorer
Explorer
Food rotting in California and Beef rotting in Chicago? That's a little extreme isn't it? I think we could go back to horses and wagons before we'd all starve to death. We may not get our Ecuador Bananas, or Sugar Cane from Australia, Russian Caviar, Jamican Jerk Sauce....This list goes on and on. We'd have to plant gardens,dig root cellars, buy local produce, just get by on what we can produce in our areas. Big cities would be in trouble. Farmers would be on top again in rural areas! Park the tractors and get a horse and plow!

This kinda talk is nuts isn't it? Kinda fun though, silly as it may sound. Remember this: Fear is the most sucessfull form of advertising. If we are all scared to death that we may starve, pandamonium looming, anarchy, gas shortages,
we'll all run out and buy and horde things we think we may need. I know a guy at work who loaded a room up in his basement already with canned goods, pasta, rice and water. Bought a gen-set and has it ready to go. Wired his furnace motor to a plug so he can plug it in to his gen-set and keep his house warm. Not much good if we run out of fuel though.

North America was built around the automobile. It could also mean our demise I suppose.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I still think that if someone wants to write fiction here while ranting & raving, it at least needs to make sense to be believable.:B:D

The_Weekenders
Explorer
Explorer
Skid Row Joe wrote:
willald wrote:
Sea Dog wrote:
I really dont` think that many can see past the cost to fuel their daily driver or RV.

What will happen when diesel reaches six bucks and the trucks shut down?
The guy across the street, an independant long haul trucker says that he is almost ready to shut down.

What will you eat when the beef is sitting in Chicago and the veggies are rotting in the fields in California?

This situation is much closer than many seem to believe.
..Following your logic, what would happen is that most will starve to death, anarchy will reign, and we'll become a third world country. :R

I doubt it. Whats more likely to happen, is eventually truckers will be forced to pass on that fuel cost, resulting in the price of EVERYTHING going up. Thats kinda already started to happen - Have you noticed how some grocery items you buy, are getting more expensive?

Which leads right back to just what I said before: We all may have to find ways to survive using less resources (fuel, $$, etc). Perhaps you don't *really* need to eat out 3 times a week. Perhaps you don't *have* to have a new car or RV every 2 years. That list goes on and on..

Will
First of all, the long haul trucker referenced probably needs to hang it up. Second of all diesel is already six bucks a gallon in Canada. Third of all, trucking firms have been surcharging for over a year now. And fourth of all making-up stuff about how food will be rotting and people starving in the streets is bunk and hysteria.

Exactly. Doom and gloom seems to be the rule of thumb here. The gloomier the better for some. I'll keep my glass half full thankyou.
Every meal is a feast, everyday is a parade and every paycheck is a fortune!
Spring is coming soon as well Minnesota Twins spring training๐Ÿ˜›
Rick & Sheila's RVing Album
Rick's Facebook
2004 Ford F350 6.0PSD
2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Sea Dog wrote:
I really dont` think that many can see past the cost to fuel their daily driver or RV.

The guy across the street, an independant long haul trucker says that he is almost ready to shut down.

What will you eat when the beef is sitting in Chicago and the veggies are rotting in the fields in California?

..Following your logic, what would happen is that most will starve to death, anarchy will reign, and we'll become a third world country. :R

I doubt it. Whats more likely to happen, is eventually truckers will be forced to pass on that fuel cost, resulting in the price of EVERYTHING going up. Thats kinda already started to happen - Have you noticed how some grocery items you buy, are getting more expensive?

Which leads right back to just what I said before: We all may have to find ways to survive using less resources (fuel, $$, etc). Perhaps you don't *really* need to eat out 3 times a week. Perhaps you don't *have* to have a new car or RV every 2 years. That list goes on and on..

Will
First of all, the long haul trucker referenced probably needs to hang it up. Second of all diesel is already six bucks a gallon in Canada. Third of all, trucking firms have been surcharging for over a year now. And fourth of all making-up stuff about how food will be rotting and people starving in the streets is bunk and hysteria.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sea Dog wrote:

Will
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")