cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Sure does, when closing down pipelines and oil field areas it sure does effect price. YES these have been recent political decisions.
What functioning pipeline or oil field was shut down?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
tomman58 wrote:
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Election day, 2020--Gas was $1.95
July, 16th, 2021-gas is $3.25
News stated the gas is the highest it's been in 7 years. Not claiming anything here, but-the same party was in office then as now.

Oil prices have nothing to do with politics today or yesterday.... world market and the Virus are pretty much to blame along with OPEC.

Sure does, when closing down pipelines and oil field areas it sure does effect price. YES these have been recent political decisions.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
News stated the gas is the highest it's been in 7 years. Not claiming anything here, but-the same party was in office then as now.

Oil prices have nothing to do with politics today or yesterday.... world market and the Virus are pretty much to blame along with OPEC.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices should stabilize post Covid. I paid less in 2020, paying more in 2021, averages out. Personally I have been RVing since 02 when 87 test was .95 per gallon, up to $4.50 per gallon in 2006. I have a Class C getting 8 mpg, people ask me all the time the fuel economy, not sure why. I tell them tent camping is also fun less fuel. ๐Ÿ™‚

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
On average, it costs about $5 per barrel to transport oil and gas by pipeline compared to $10-$15 a barrel for rail and $20 a barrel by truck
890,000 Barrels of oil are now being transported by rail or trucks DAILY that was transported by pipeline last year.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

dedmiston
TyroneandGladys wrote:
I do know that oil company's are having to pay higher transportation costs to get the oil to the refinery this year and in the future versus last year.

Higher transportation costs because of increased fuel costs? :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
I do know that oil company's are having to pay higher transportation costs to get the oil to the refinery this year and in the future versus last year.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II

BrentB
Explorer
Explorer
% stations without gasoline, 8pm CT, change since last update:
AL 8% -1%
DC 88% NC
DE 3% -1%
FL 25% -2%
GA 46% -1%
KY 3% +1%
LA 0% NC
MD 39% NC
MS 6% -1%
NC 67% +2%
NJ 1% NC
SC 49% +1%
TN 29% -2%
TX 0% NC
VA 43% -2%
WV 6% NC

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
This is all changing quickly. The pipeline is now up and running. The problem now is getting it out to the stations by truck. Here in Florida, we getting our fuels via barges and pipeline from LA area, but are still affected by the hoarding like the toilet paper surge. I think the fact that the company paid off the Russian hackers is just an open invitation to do it again. By the way, have you gotten your extended warranty?

BrentB
Explorer
Explorer
% stations without gasoline, 7am CT, change since last update:
AL 9% NC
DC 87% +8%
DE 4% NC
FL 30% NC
GA 49% -1%
KY 3% NC
LA 0% NC
MD 42% +1%
MS 7% NC
NC 69% -2%
NJ 1% NC
SC 51% -1%
TN 33% NC
TX 0% NC
VA 51% -1%
WV 6% -1%

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Hilarious.........

In light of the thread titled "Oil headed for 70 bucks s barrel. Here we go." which was closed with reason listed as "I don't think I saw a single RV related post in this thread." We sure did not go far did we LOL.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
DRTDEVL wrote:
$2.829 at Sam's Club in Las Cruces today... Most others in the city are at or over $3.

I love my Sam's Plus membership when filling the 50 gallon tank on my C. Save up front, get 2% cash back at the end of the year. Think about it; that's about $2.50 back for every tank of fuel in the RV. I usually get several hundred back at the end of the year, which more than pays for the upgraded membership and a few Christmas gifts on the house.

Sorry I don't do Sam's never will BUT Costco and all stations you use on their card you get 4% for fuel. and that is even on their fuel which is normally cheaper than most others. I also auto charge most stuff on it like for electric, gas for home, med bills etc. This year cash back was %875.00 plus a Costco cash back of $185.00. Live / learn . 3% for travel and restaurants, 2% Costco, 1% for all others.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
$2.829 at Sam's Club in Las Cruces today... Most others in the city are at or over $3.

I love my Sam's Plus membership when filling the 50 gallon tank on my C. Save up front, get 2% cash back at the end of the year. Think about it; that's about $2.50 back for every tank of fuel in the RV. I usually get several hundred back at the end of the year, which more than pays for the upgraded membership and a few Christmas gifts on the house.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Current Price in Saskatoon, Sk is $1.279 Cdn per liter.

That is about $4.847 Cdn per US Gallon, or $3.78 Usd per US gallon. I expect it to hit $4.50 usd soon.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.