cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sheets for an RV-Queen bed

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi, just bought a new trailer and it has the shorter queen bed @ 60" wide by 74 inches long. These seem to be called an RV-Queen or Short Queen. We are big fans of flannel sheets and toppers. Wondering if anyone has had any luck finding Flannel sheets with "deep pockets" to fit over toppers. Yeah Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming here!

Thanks!
V-465
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
7 REPLIES 7

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
I shortened the fitted sheet 6" and it fits. I sewed a 3 inch seam from side to side. This actually makes the sheet 6 inches shorter (3"+3"). I trimmed it to about an inch from the sewing line and enclosed the seam. Fits perfectly.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a regular queen mattress and replaced the piece of s*&5 that was in mine. There was enough room to fit.

Prior to that, I would just tuck the excess up under the mattress and used THESE!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
Hi, just bought a new trailer and it has the shorter queen bed @ 60" wide by 74 inches long. These seem to be called an RV-Queen or Short Queen.

And my bet is you'll find (like many do) that that short queen is ... well, too short AND uncomfortable as heck. :M I solved both those issues by extending the length of the bed platform, pulling the short queen mattress forward several inches which then left a gap between the headboard and the mattress, installing an 80" long (regular queen size) memory foam mattress, and folding the excess length into that gap by the headboard. To that we then added regular queen bed sheets ... the result was a longer, MUCH more comfortable bed, more comfortable than our bed at home. A series of 5 pics starts here.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Just use regular Queen and tuck them in

x2 !!!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at RV geeks U tube page and they use men's suspenders to hold their's in place. I bought some and they do a pretty good job.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just use regular Queen and tuck them in
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Sheet clips, or whatever they're called, are a wonderful thing.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350