cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel Wells upgrades - For info to others.

CThibaudeau
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we blew a tire on the bad areas of I-95 in SC. The force of the Impact damaged the floor above and destroyed the gas furnace completely by compression. We did the repairs and installed a new furnace. In addition, I bought two half sheets of Diamond Plate and screwed the (after easy to do tailoring) and lined the wheel wells with them by securing the Diamond Plates with self-tapping no. 10 screws, directly to the frame and cross bars. Perhaps this $60 DIY project will save from the $2,000.00+ repairs cost for damages caused by a blown-out tire.
3 REPLIES 3

dedmiston
Horsedoc wrote:
That is a great idea! wish you had photos. (I don't how to include however)

Photo Posting Tutorial

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a great idea! wish you had photos. (I don't how to include however)
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
I know that stretch of road pretty well. I am not sure what is worse, the road or the drivers!

Not that I wish you any misfortune, but in case you ever "test" that diamond plate, let us know how it holds up! I always fear in the back of my mind what a blowout would do to my coach. Unfortunately, I am not sure what could be practically effective against such violent force from a large heavy tire.