cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sidewalk chalk

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The last two site we pulled in to (Oregon State Parks) were covered in chalk drawings, art, graffiti?? It was all over the parking pad and out into the street that services the loop.

Am I just a grumpy guy or is anyone else kind of bothered by this...?
I do know that there are a lot of bigger things to get grumpy about, but....
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
79 REPLIES 79

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I guess this has run its course.

Next up - idling diesels.....

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I like to see a few little drawings here and there. Its really kinda neat to see them in the streets while driving through the campground ( at slow speeds cause there may be children at play). When it is to the point where you step in it and track it all over the place is when I get grumpy. Parents have a duty to make sure it doesnt get out of hand. The one thing that does get me upset though (when it comes to children playing) is when they are playing in the playground area and for some reason seem to think they need to take buckets full of gravel and throw it on the bottom of the slide, then scrape it off and do it over and over and over agin. That noise just makes me want to scream. The other is when people show up with a whole herd of kids and dont want them running around and screaming at the top of their lungs at their site so they tell them to go play up the street right in front of my site. I came for relaxing and a little peace and quiet. I dont need your kids having a demolition derby with bicycles 5 feet away from my lawn chair.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
WOW...JUST WOW!

Did I miss anything? I think I covered all the campground complaints that have been posted by others on here over the years. More keep adding to the list.

Oh...I did "miss" turn on your big flood lights and keep 'em on all night long. LOL

Oh yes, pretty frightening AND pathetic that all these complaints are real...and people still do all this with NO respect for others.

Key words...respect, responsibility and courtesy for others has seemed to go out the window.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
What ever happened to teaching your kids to be responsible and clean up after themselves???

The OP made a comment about his arrival and perhaps expected to see a site that didn't Jump out at him. Societal norms are different these days. It's all about being able to express yourself without boundaries or respecting others. Taboo to speak out, and everyone gets a trophy. That's "obvious" by some of the posters on this thread.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Wow...just wow.
Yeah, pretty frightening.

And pathetic.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
cmarkj wrote:
Sounds to me like a lot of you should just stick to camp driveway. Not sure you would ever be happy with anything. I'll take sidewalk chalk, kids running around laughing and being loud, riding by on bikes etc anytime.
It's all about being outside, with a nice view, getting to know people, relaxing, going to new places. If you are so up tight that these things bother you, stay home and leave the campsites for those of us who aren't upset by trivial things.

Seems to me you should stay home. Have a block party in your neighborhood. Put your big screen TVs and speakers out on the front lawn and blast them. Let all the dogs loose in the neighborhood to go to the bathroom where they want and not pick it up and bark their heads off.

Have a "chalk" party, everyone in the neighborhood chalk up their driveways. Give the winner a bunch of firecrackers to shoot off. Use your neighbors toilets and not flush like so many do not in the campground...disgusting.

Bring out the drones. Do what you want in your neighborhood. Don't worry about the fences in your neighborhood...take them all down and run through peoples yards as you please.

Be loud, scream, run your bikes and golf carts all over the place. Burn trash in a fire pit on your front lawns.

If you are so inconsiderate to not respect other peoples right to peace and privacy to enjoy the campground, the birds, the animals, the night sky and enjoy the campground without turning into Maniac Ranch then stay home yourself.

We are not the ones disturbing others...you are. Not my idea of "relaxing" and enjoying the view with all that going on.

Why pack up all your noise and "fun" when you can keep it all at home.

Do you feel better now, more relaxed maybe?
:B

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Wow...just wow.
Yeah, pretty frightening.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
cmarkj wrote:
Sounds to me like a lot of you should just stick to camp driveway. Not sure you would ever be happy with anything. I'll take sidewalk chalk, kids running around laughing and being loud, riding by on bikes etc anytime.
It's all about being outside, with a nice view, getting to know people, relaxing, going to new places. If you are so up tight that these things bother you, stay home and leave the campsites for those of us who aren't upset by trivial things.

Seems to me you should stay home. Have a block party in your neighborhood. Put your big screen TVs and speakers out on the front lawn and blast them. Let all the dogs loose in the neighborhood to go to the bathroom where they want and not pick it up and bark their heads off.

Have a "chalk" party, everyone in the neighborhood chalk up their driveways. Give the winner a bunch of firecrackers to shoot off. Use your neighbors toilets and not flush like so many do not in the campground...disgusting.

Bring out the drones. Do what you want in your neighborhood. Don't worry about the fences in your neighborhood...take them all down and run through peoples yards as you please.

Be loud, scream, run your bikes and golf carts all over the place. Burn trash in a fire pit on your front lawns.

If you are so inconsiderate to not respect other peoples right to peace and privacy to enjoy the campground, the birds, the animals, the night sky and enjoy the campground without turning into Maniac Ranch then stay home yourself.

We are not the ones disturbing others...you are. Not my idea of "relaxing" and enjoying the view with all that going on.

Wow...just wow.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
cmarkj wrote:

It's always the quiet ones you need to worry about. "He was quiet and kept to himself" ๐Ÿ˜‰
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
The last two site we pulled in to (Oregon State Parks) were covered in chalk drawings, art, graffiti?? It was all over the parking pad and out into the street that services the loop.

Sidewalk chalk drawings? I saw some people driving 5 MPH over the speed limit the other day.

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
downtheroad wrote:

Sidewalk chalk drawings? I saw some people driving 5 MPH over the speed limit the other day.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
cmarkj wrote:

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
it won't be so fun when you track some of it in your rig and it gets ground into your carpet. it does not shampoo out without some effort.

Don't step on it.
Always looking for the perfect site.

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
Always looking for the perfect site.