cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide topper/awning repair in Phoenix

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
The fabric on my slide topper is made of two pieces of fabric stitched together, with a 12" strip of vinyl near the body of the coach, and then mesh for the rest of the topper. I want to replace only the vinyl, and I want to have it done in Phoenix.

I just want to remove the vinyl and sew in a new section.

I've contacted two awning replacement outfits, and both say this can't be done. But I know people have done it, but not in Phoenix.

Who would do it? Upholstery shop? But I'd like to use actual awning fabric--what is on there now is really sturdy (it's been 14 years of fulltiming), and has what looks almost like fiberglass threads in it, and don't think upholstery shops would have that.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Yuma, they have all kinds of RV awning shops.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
PM me if more info needed.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right down the road in Wellton. This guy sews up darn near anything. Don't know if he will use your piece along with new but call him. He made a new slidecover/window awning for us last spring. He will tell you what measurements they need and will ship. And his prices are good. I'm going to get him to make up the other two before we leave at the end April
http://www.arizonarvpartscenter.com/

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy awning replacements reasonable from several online dealers. Smaller slide toppers should take maybe 30 minutes each to R&R. Large slide rooms maybe 45 minutes. There are lots of youtube videos on how to do it.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of boats in the Phoenix area - should be a fabric repair place to support them...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS