cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sliding window leaking between glass and gasket - fixable?

jbourne84
Explorer
Explorer
I have a horizontal slider that water gets in between the glass and the gasket of the sliding pane. With someone outside using a very light water spray from the hose it basically immediately comes in and fills the tracks and spills into the camper.

The weep holes are clear although perhaps they need to be made larger? I presumed that while some water may get in, and those are there to allow it to drain, there really shouldnt be much getting in.

Pictures showing where the water is seeping in

Is the window just bad? Is there any way to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
On the second picture, right arrow, it appears that the rubber gasket is curled inwards to the glass and probably not making a good seal. I would try and make a small hook to pull it outwards. Had that problem with one window and that fixed mine.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Something is keeping the water from getting to the weep holes. Those gaskets do not form a watertight seal; they just "mostly" keep water and general schmutz out of the track. At least on my windows, they're relatively easy to pull out and not too hard to put back in place; and I suspect if you did that you'd find there's a good bit of general debris all around underneath the gasket, and further cleaning it all out would make the window drain properly.