cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sofa from shop4seats.com?

CatchinBluegill
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever bought/installed one of these sofas?

http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/sofa-beds/jack-knife-sofa-beds.html

If so, what did you think? Looking to replace the sofa sleeper in my Bounder with either a tri-fold or maybe one of the ones from shop4seats.

Requirements: bolt to floor, be able to install seat belts, really sleep two.

Thanks for any input you might have!
6 REPLIES 6

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at their site and found a sofa that will fit on the back wall of our 5th wheel....I am just uncomfortable ordering something on line especially this large. I fear that their measurements may not be accurate and then our slides would not come in without hitting the sofa. California is a long way from Florida and thus the shipping might be a bundle....

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
BendOrLarry wrote:
Shop4Seats were good to deal with. We went with the Dleon dual recliners and really like them. They understand RV issues. The recliners came in 3 sections so it was easy to get through the door.
I can't figure out how to post pictures on this goofy site or I would show you what we did.

Would like to see some photos. Did you have any issues fitting into the existing space? We would have to be careful about the dimensions as we have a clearance issue on one side when our slide is in. They don't have complete dimension on their website. Did you get power recline? The built-in massage and heated seat options sure would be nice.

BendOrLarry
Explorer
Explorer
Shop4Seats were good to deal with. We went with the Dleon dual recliners and really like them. They understand RV issues. The recliners came in 3 sections so it was easy to get through the door.
I can't figure out how to post pictures on this goofy site or I would show you what we did.

CatchinBluegill
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input.

I don't think their prices are really out of line by RV furniture standards (yeah, that means they aren't cheap, but...). Also looking at tri-folds at rvfurniturecenter.com. They have a couple that unfold into a short queen (60 x 75) sleeping area without sticking out into the aisle as far as the current 51 x 72 hide-a-bed does (it goes all the way up to the opposite barrel chair, and the distance from slide wall to that chair is 91").

Before I bought this Bounder, the first runner-up was an Itasca Suncruiser 35U, and it did have one thing where it clearly beat the Bounder: the Rest Easy recliner sofa, that would lay flat and form a queen (short, I think) bed. One sold on eBay just a few weeks ago, and it would have fit in my 35H. I'd find some way to get power to it, if I could get one of those. I really liked it. Unlikely to find such a rare item before summer travel season and that hide-a-bed's just gotta go, so will live with either a jack knife or a tri-fold, I think.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do some googling for their RV furniture + RV forums. I've seen positive and negative reviews. Odd that there doesn't seem to be a whole of reviews out there tho. We're interested in their Monaco or e Leon dual recliner but just not sure yet. As mentioned, they ain't cheap.

BendOrLarry
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced our jackknife sofa with a Shop4seats duel recliner, we also replaced our dinette cushions with their matching cushions. We liked their quality. They are not inexpensive.