cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Better options for couches?

dedmiston
I can practically set my watch by my RV couches, because exactly three years into their lives the seams start to burst and the sofas need to be replaced.

It's that time again for us, but I'm not so sure I want to just buy the same old things again.

So how are the "smart people" upgrading the furniture in their RVs? I've thought about looking into residential furniture, but the modular RV furniture fits through the door in our fiver so well.

Our setup has two slides and we've got couches on both sides. One side has a double sofa that folds out into a queen sleeper. The other side has seating for four: two reclining sofas, a center console with cupholders and a nice place to lose your phone/keys/wallet, and then two more reclining sofa seats.

I'd like to still sit next to my wife in a recliner, but I'm flexible on that. I don't want to lose any seating though, because we often have more people than seats as it is.

Thoughts?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We purchased our leather wall hugger recliner couch from Costco and a great recliner chair from Bradd and Hall located in Elkhart, IN. Neither one is the cheap quality stuff you get from many other outlets but high quality, comfortable, long lasting, good looking furniture.:)
Both fit thru the door easily.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've replaced furniture in the last two 5th wheels by just going to NFM with a tape measure and buying leather from their Bargain area. We don't use the sofa sleepers so we buy regular sofas and they are comparable in weight. Much cheaper than buying RV furniture and we just make sure the backs are removable for ease of handling.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
LAY-Z-BOYs

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an option I took; we had a 127" slide couch covered in bonded leather which was shredding itself as we watched. I replaced the piece with modular furniture designed for a pontoon boat. I fitted pieces to arrive at 127" exactly. Advantages: low cost, modular, lightweight, will fit through a door, durable, different colors, and storage beneath each section. Looks new after five years.

Disadvantages: No recliners or fold out beds, Uncomfortable as is, I raised the back 2" and reclined it a few degrees. Good now, but doesn't compare with the leather recliner I have from Costco. Doesn't look upscale.

We use 2' x 4' plastic folding tables from Costco. The legs adjust for height so they can be coffee tables or counter high. We can sit eight people for dinner in a 31 ft. fifth wheel.

This is an option, most likely not for many, but has worked perfectly for us. We get a lot of compliments and our rig is generally the meeting area for our friends.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest Bradd and Hall .

We replaced a small couch in our 31-foot Class A with two recliners . . .

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have $een a piece that looks like a love seat with a arm rest in center. Somehow reclines but still against wall. Or foot/leg rest comes out. Looks very comfortable and would fit in the area we have in the slide of our coach. Leather but BIG bucks
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow