cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spring supplies

Kerri
Explorer
Explorer
Did a walk through of the RV and made a list of things that need replaced. But before I buy, I'm going to ask.

Do you now use inside the RV LED light bulbs and how's that working for ya?

Holding Tank Treatments. NuGen or Odorlos? Maybe something totally different. Why did you get what you did?

I'd really like to know. Just looking for help. Next off to check out where all my tools are and what went missing!

Kerri
11 REPLIES 11

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
campn4walleye wrote:

We use the Geo-method for our tanks. A bit of laundry detergent and powder Calgon and lots of water. Have had no problems or odors.

+1
We use the same method and have no odors. I'm also a little anal about flushing both tanks and keeping them as clean as possible.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We replaced all our interior bulbs with LED's I purchased on eBay. The quality of light is much better and the reduced battery draw is a plus.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

I camped next to those guys above that don't use black tank treatment. They stink!
You're way too close if you can smell the neighbor's black tank!:W
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
I don't put anything in the tanks. Replaced almost everything with LEDs a couple of seasons ago.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You use LED's if you need to conserve battery power or want to reduce the heat in the lamp. Be aware that regulated LED's will cause interference with your TV.

I camped next to those guys above that don't use black tank treatment. They stink!

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We use yellow bug lights mostly not leds. When my current batch burn out I may replace with yellow leds but not for now. $5,50 a pair on Amazon so that would be close to $25 for my RV Yellow Led link

Only water in the Black tank. We tried chemicals years ago but did not see a benefit.

With a good vent you should not get any odor up through the toilet.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We're in the process of changing to LEDs. We love them and they're doing well.

We use the Geo-method for our tanks. A bit of laundry detergent and powder Calgon and lots of water. Have had no problems or odors.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

rav
Explorer
Explorer
same as the other 2 posters- did the swap because the LED's are cooler and haven't used any treatment in the black tank for 3 years now- and won't anymore.

Rocky_3
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced most of my inside lights with LEDs. Purchased them from Amazon. I did it because they run so much cooler. I use and don't use black tank treatment. I don't really notice any differance.

Kerri
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Swapped out the inside lights with LEDs. The light is not as harsh, fixtures stay cool, but not as bright. May just be the bulbs I used. Inexpensive ones bought off of eBay.

I don't use toilet chemicals, don't see the need.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT